Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

oh look, the inevitable has happened.

Okay, only a fool (see: optimist) would imagine this would never come to happen. Yes the big businesses are real bumholes when they take control of the internet we know and love so much and put a price on these goods and services that we couldn’t live without unless it was over four years ago when it didnt exist. Remember that one time Murdoch and Fox bought out MySpace and the gigantic fee hike that immediately followed. Or how about when Google bought out YouTube and there was a fee added shortly after. Yeah those were real panic starters. But you are all shocked and saying OMG END OF THE INTERNET AS WE KNOW IT! yeah chalk that one up on the number of times you have said that in the past few years. And if this is, in fact, the prophecised End of the Free Internet that people have been fearing for as long as i can remember, you may as well thank your applicable deity (if any) that the corporations held out for so long when they had just as much ability to do it five years ago. And…I know what you are all thinking, maybe they just made the internet so integrated into common life that everybody is now obligated to pay the higher prices as opposed to a few years ago when you didnt HAVE to use the internet. Well in that case wouldnt we all be the cause of this problem by allowing ourselves to become dependent? Meh…me just giving food for thought. Ignore me, go back to reading your fearmongering blog. Good night everybody!

dobnits edited this message on 04/07/2010 3:38AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!