Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

man-man Posted:

Somewhere around the internets I read someone describing the low-level hostility between the morning shift and late shift of a fast food place they used to work at; each group thinking the other had less to do or weren’t working hard enough. The person telling this little story had worked both shifts on occasion and could see that it wasn’t all that different.

I can confirm this having worked a lot of shift work in different places and at different hours. The old claim of people being scared of the unknown (Even simple unknowns like “some other guy with the same job”...) and hostile to that which scares them is so very true. Log in to see images!

More on topic. Wouldn’t some sort of definition of what we are talking about when we talk about God really help in people deciding whether or not they are atheist or agnostic? Personally I find the idea of a single being who is all powerful/knowing/present that is without equal so on and so forth ridiculous. But entirely on the principle that anything that can happen will happen given enough time and that if such a being could exist, not only will it, but an infinite number of iterations will exist and also eventually disappear even if at their own hands out of sheer boredom.

I don’t doubt the possibility of such a being as I doubt that we can explain a mere portion of the universe with current knowledge and our limited senses, but I cannot believe that there would be only one of such a being nor that we would ever be able to understand a portion of it’s motives as we more often than not cannot understand our own. And that even were it to tell us, that we would somehow not mess it up as we still go around killing each other over the concentration of pigmentation in our skin which only tells me of the limits of our ability to understand even what simple information we have around us.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!