Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

Complement, not compliment.

All I’m saying is that there’s a reason I’ve had to watch “Birth of a Nation” three times now, and it’s certainly not for the story. Seeing a movie for special effects alone is a perfectly cool thing to do, when you have an appreciation for the technical side of film-making.

Congratulations, you found a spelling error. Here’s your gold star. Log in to see images!

As far as watching a movie just for special effects because it’s ‘art’, then why bother even trying to add a plot or story to such a movie? Sure, it’s a marvel of applied technology, but that’s essentially an entirely different genre. In this case, you happen to enjoy that type of genre. I usually prefer more substance in my movies. That doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the value of special effects.

You might be one of the viewers that appreciates the artistry involved in those effects. However, that’s not true of the average moviegoer. In other words, you are enjoying the technical aptitude and artistry involved. The people sitting next to you are probably just ‘oohing & ahhing over pretty pictures’. And that was, essentially, one of my points; too many people are attracted to a movie only because it ‘looks kewl’, nothing more. You’re not one of them, so you have a more intelligent perspective.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!