Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art Avatar

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Despite the numerous plagiarisms (including that of previous Cameron’s works) and generally lame plot, this is the best render ever. Basically, it’s the new version of 3DMark, but hell, I enjoyed it so much.

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

I can’t tell what this movie is supposed to be about Log in to see images!

Based on the previews the special effects look cool, but I can’t watch a movie just for effects.

Inconnu

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Vageena Davis Posted:

I can’t watch a movie just for effects.

And why not?

Circlejerk

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 41 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

It was pretty meh.

It would have been better off being released 10 years later or so, so it could enjoy childhoods, like how Dragon Ball Evolution and G-Force (the movie about the gay hamsters) did.

lolbronnih

Avatar: 103335 2010-01-24 16:16:08 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 15 Camwhore

kinda looks like martha stewart while stirring

wathc it just for the effects they are like srsly lush

although the story’s meh.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

first time i saw it advertised was a long time ago and it looked like a really fabulous persongy weird blue furry love story.

now it has action and stuff?

i’ll pbum

Green Eyes

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 69 Camwhore

Sad eyes for Arktor Forever!

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

first time i saw it advertised was a long time ago and it looked like a really fabulous persongy weird blue furry love story.

now it has action and stuff?

i’ll pbum

This

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I want to see it a lot. Not sure when I’ll have time to check it out though.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Inconnu Posted:

And why not?

Because I’d rather not pay $8+ just to watch ‘pretty pictures’.

Inconnu

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Evil Trout Posted:

I want to see it a lot. Not sure when I’ll have time to check it out though.

Obvious advice: IMAX only.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Well, first of all, I refuse to jump on the “LOL STORYTELLING” bandwagon.

Yeah, there’s no twists or turns; nothing shockingly new. But a story doesn’t have to be innovative to be good – Avatar has a solid love story and a good resistance story.

Second of all,

Acid Flux Posted:

Because I’d rather not pay $8+ just to watch ‘pretty pictures’.

**** you, and **** anyone who writes off special effects as “pretty pictures”. The crew of Avatar went to painstaking lengths to make the film’s world as beautiful and believable as it could possibly be, and the result is one of the most stunning film universes ever made. The use of color in Avatar rivals masters like Jean-Pierre Jeunet, and the cinematography is brilliant.

In short, the “pretty pictures” of Avatar were worth well beyond $10 for me, and I’ll probably put out another $10-$20 before it cycles out.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 12/20/2009 3:07AM

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

Well, first of all, I refuse to jump on the “LOL STORYTELLING” bandwagon.

Yeah, there’s no twists or turns; nothing shockingly new. But a story doesn’t have to be innovative to be good – Avatar has a solid love story and a good resistance story.

Second of all,

**** you, and **** anyone who writes off special effects as “pretty pictures”. The crew of Avatar went to painstaking lengths to make the film’s world as beautiful and believable as it could possibly be, and the result is one of the most stunning film universes ever made. The use of color in Avatar rivals masters like Jean-Pierre Jeunet, and the cinematography is brilliant.

In short, the “pretty pictures” of Avatar were worth well beyond $10 for me, and I’ll probably put out another $10-$20 before it cycles out.

**** you and anyone else who puts their money down to support idiotic special effects movies thereby encouraging the movie industry to consider the story and acting to be essentially trivial to movie making. You are the reason we will have Transformers 8.

swine

Avatar: 10221 2011-10-31 21:15:57 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I congratulate you in recognising my superiority and choosing me to be your love pig!

lolUNOBTAINIUM!

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Malaise Posted:

**** you and anyone else who puts their money down to support idiotic special effects movies thereby encouraging the movie industry to consider the story and acting to be essentially trivial to movie making. You are the reason we will have Transformers 8.

different people like different qualities in entertainment. sounds like this one is an escapist movie to go watch and go ‘oooh ahhh look at them blue ****ers i am forgetting what a boring life i live’

just hope that movie makers appreciate people’s diverse taste in movies and remember/take the risk to make movies that aren’t just escapist handjobs

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

frankly i’d rather not pay the money for either form of movie. 12 dollars admission + another 15 for food, **** you cinemas.

i want a movie that looks cool and is absorbing. depending on the genre it can be done through sweet effects that bombard you until you forget the story is garbage, or a story that’s really absorbing with special effects that complement it.

and then i’d only go see it if my friends wanted to because i like being social and getting high and eating popcorn

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 12/20/2009 3:35AM

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

I like movies cause they give me good introductory cuddlan time. Which leads to other things.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Malaise Posted:

You’re right. A film can only do ONE thing right, and that thing is storytelling. Every other aspect of film-making MUST be ignored if a film’s story is anything short of innovative.

Yes, as it would seem – in a remarkable instance of coincidence – every technically revolutionary film in cinematic history had an equally brilliant plot. For this reason, no film-maker ever saw fit to look at a film for reasons other than story, and so no film with an non-innovative story – or for that matter, no film with a poor story – ever made an impact on the medium. Every film-maker ever only payed attention to the movies with the most daringly new plots, because they were absolutely sure those films could do no wrong, and for this reason, films are really no different from talking books. Log in to see images!

EDIT: P.S. also, though painfully predictable and cliche ridden, the love and resistance stories of Avatar fall into the “tried-and-true” category.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 12/20/2009 3:53AM

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

You’re right. A film can only do ONE thing right, and that thing is storytelling. Every other aspect of film-making MUST be ignored if a film’s story is anything short of innovative.

Yes, as it would seem – in a remarkable instance of coincidence – every technically revolutionary film in cinematic history had an equally brilliant plot. For this reason, no film-maker ever saw fit to look at a film for reasons other than story, and so no film with an non-innovative story – or for that matter, no film with a poor story – ever made an impact on the medium. Every film-maker ever only payed attention to the movies with the most daringly new plots, because they were absolutely sure those films could do no wrong, and for this reason, films are really no different from talking books. Log in to see images!

EDIT: P.S. also, though painfully predictable and cliche ridden, the love and resistance stories of Avatar fall into the “tried-and-true” category.

I’m pleased that you saw fit to actually answer my point rather than ridiculing your own straw man.

Also, I don’t really care what anyone watches, just thought your attack on someone for not valuing special effects was a little over the top.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Malaise Posted:

Also, I don’t really care what anyone watches, just thought your attack on someone for not valuing special effects was a little over the top.

My point is that this is one of the best films of the year, even if the plot isn’t as groundbreaking as it’s technical side.

Toko

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

frankly i’d rather not pay the money for either form of movie. 12 dollars admission + another 15 for food, **** you cinemas.

i want a movie that looks cool and is absorbing. depending on the genre it can be done through sweet effects that bombard you until you forget the story is garbage, or a story that’s really absorbing with special effects that complement it.

and then i’d only go see it if my friends wanted to because i like being social and getting high and eating popcorn

I just sneak food into theaters. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!