Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

This is not trolling, okay? Log in to see images! Now seriously, the podcast is enormously long, and I don’t feel like listening it all the way down. Even more, why should I, if I already heard the dobnits/who part?

But ok, here’s a deal:

• open the podcast
  • listen it through and through until you finally…
  • ...make a transcript of the whole thing
  • post it ITT or make a google doc for everyone’s viewing access!

The perfect description of what is a transcript/stenography was given by Bashy in this contest. In short, it would be as easy as:

Bashy Posted:

Your transcription should be as word-accurate and legible as possible, just like any other transcript. An example of a professional transcript can be found here. That’s a little boring and sterile, though, so there’s a twist:. In addition to being well-formatted, clear and accurate, you are asked to make your best attempt to entertain and convey the nuances of what you hear. This can be anything from describing awkward silences, fumbled words, bodily noises, technical difficulties, lapses into Canuck accentuation and even generally describing the spirit of a portion of monologue.

Use your imagination, but don’t go overboard. Remember that the purpose of the transcript is primarily to convey the actual words and content, not to tell your own story. Readers should be able to easily tell the main content from any editorial notes.

RULES:

• The first one to bring full transcript gets 15 Log in to see images!

• The best (funniest and most professional) transcript by Wednesday gets 45 Log in to see images!

• The deadline for this contest is pretty harsh – Wednesday, October 7, 12:00AM EST.
  • NO TROLLING ITT

Thank you and good luck.

[ADMIN EDIT: I’m going to match the funds issued by Inconnu for this contest. There will now be 6 BP up for grabs. Note that this part was added by an admin after the fact, and isn’t part of the Toxx quote.]

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!