Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Samildanach Posted:

Because a greater quantity of submissions does not necessarily imply a greater quality. It only means wading through even more submissions looking for the funny ones. Further, there are any number of people who, trying their absolute best, are still not as funny as the worst idea of other posters. There’s a certain level of diminishing returns, where roping in more players will actually just reduce the percentage of people involved who are actually funny.

Except people who compete try harder when there is something on the line.

When you have your little league baseball game where everyone wins, they’re not going to try as hard as the kids who are gonna be given trophies. I’m going to try a lot harder in clbum if my grade is on the line than if it’s there’s nothing to gain.

Save the handful (literally, handful) of players who would do this for fun without reward, no one else would try.

I guarantee you if there weren’t rewards in the form of peen/scoops I wouldn’t waste my time on this. Take it from someone who’s been buildring for over 8 months. I don’t do it for love of the craft.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!