Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me Forumbuildr: PAY OUT SUX!!

SoronTheBeast

Avatar: 159958 2010-01-24 16:32:03 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

There's your 3 BPs. Now stop ****ing whining about THIRTEEN CENTS you pathetic no-lifer. - Fran

Serusly!

500 for almost everything, 1500 for layout design, 5000 for MAKING A FORUM? You can’t even gamble that Flezz away for an antifreeze scoop! Those numbers should be multiplied by 100 AT LEAST!

Now, look, I understand that is not why people help make the forums. They do it for the online fake glory, not the online fake cash. But, I feel you should be able to get both.

I am not a online game economy expert. I don’t really know what the economy in this game is really like. But, I HIGHLY DOUBT if giving out actual USEFUL amounts of Flezz in Forumbuildr will make everything fall down.

We should get more fake money for helping you build your game! (That you’re charging some of us us real money to play!)

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

When forumbuildr was first introduced, the payouts WERE a lot of money.

As with other aspects of the game (see: forums needed to be held for klan vanilla scoops) the original numbers have never been adjusted for inflation. They should be.

Signed.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Oh great now ForumBuildr people will be topping the leader boards?

Not Signed. Maybe if a mbumive Flezz sink is introduced, then these can changed. But if they were multiplied to anything decent, people like Bashy would be topping the flezz leader board(plus other people who are awesome at forumbuildr)

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Oh great now ForumBuildr people will be topping the leader boards?

Not Signed. Maybe if a mbumive Flezz sink is introduced, then these can changed. But if they were multiplied to anything decent, people like Bashy would be topping the flezz leader board(plus other people who are awesome at forumbuildr)

One payout a week isn’t enough to top the leaderboard.

I agree with the OP. We’ve hit the point where more money won’t hurt the economy any more, so Flezz sinks don’t need to be implemented first. Flezz sinks do need to be implemented, but this sounds like an easy change, as opposed to Flezz sinks, which take actual development.

zagerblag edited this message on 05/28/2009 10:54AM

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

It would be nice to have a bit more flezz now that Scully keeps trying to outbid me for the best Bidder peen, and since JayZJay keeps buying up auctions for some reason…

It wouldn’t even break the early game since in a week you would have very few submissions at first anyways and you can get far enough in a week that it’s not that big of a concern to get the extra flezz. Of course you could always just multiply the amount you get now by your character level if that is a concern. Although low level guys can always make a whole lot of flezz in Kyoubai bid wars just as easily.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Not even funny. We need flezz sinks, not another huge payouts.

I would actually charge 500 flezz per submission and 100 per vote.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Inconnu Posted:

We need flezz sinks, not another huge payouts.

That’s a different issue. That’s like saying “we should get less cred per forum to release less flezz in the economy because currently there’s so much of it”. The need for a flezz sink is not the same as the need to balance things which haven’t been balanced in years.

Amy Rose

Avatar: 169456 Mon May 25 19:27:23 -0400 2009

Level 27 Permanoob

Im realy a lesbien with a male reproductive organ lolololol

Inconnu Posted:

Wouldn’t work. If people bet 10,000 for a lousy Antifreeze scoop, or even 25,000 (without counting double-downs) what can they care about 500?? Also, many people would just stop using the buildr just because they have to pay. is that how you want it?

anonymoushax-
or

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Inconnu Posted:

500 per submission is fine b/c reward if u win > 500 flezz.

100 per vote is not fine, since ppl wouldnt vote.

then everyone would tie b/c of no downvoting.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Amy Rose Posted:

Also, many people would just stop using the buildr just because they have to pay. is that how you want it?

yes. that is exactly how I want it. We already have lots of people playing forumbuildr. what’s the point of the payout? to attract people to play it. We don’t need more of an incentive for a mbumive amount of people to come play for the wrong reasons (a reward). You should use forumbuildr because you like to do it, because you want to see something good added to the site that you contributed to; the idea is not to just add as many crappy submissions as you can to try to get money or scoops. At least in theory.

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Adapt Posted:

We don’t need more of an incentive

Buildr cash becomes far less useful after a few levels into the game. The $ earned by buildr is pretty useless if you are max level.

I can make millions farming for floyd. I make a pittance on forumbuilder. See the disparity here? It needs to be a decent reward so people actually TRY to make GOOD entries. Perhaps even unique or buffed items as rewards! Charging people for entering?! That’s insane! I would never enter buildr then because it would be a waste of money.

AHax: Use probability. The effort required for buildr and cost would far outweigh a small chance of winning a pitiful amount.

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

DarkDespair5 Posted:

Buildr cash becomes far less useful after a few levels into the game. The $ earned by buildr is pretty useless if you are max level.

I can make millions farming for floyd. I make a pittance on forumbuilder. See the disparity here? It needs to be a decent reward so people actually TRY to make GOOD entries. Perhaps even unique or buffed items as rewards! Charging people for entering?! That’s insane! I would never enter buildr then because it would be a waste of money.

AHax: Use probability. The effort required for buildr and cost would far outweigh a small chance of winning a pitiful amount.

the payouts from buildr are not and should not be a main source of income. Are you saying that no ones makes good entries now? that people don’t care? probably, but likewise i still believe it shouldn’t be about the reward, if that’s all you want then your heart is in the wrong place for this.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

I’d definitely support a removal/reduction in Flezz awards in Buildr.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Adapt Posted:

the payouts from buildr are not and should not be a main source of income. Are you saying that no ones makes good entries now? that people don’t care? probably, but likewise i still believe it shouldn’t be about the reward, if that’s all you want then your heart is in the wrong place for this.

I like people who do things solely for the fun of their creative efforts. However, incentives work to motivate people who otherwise wouldn’t give a damn.

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

DarkDespair5 Posted:

I like people who do things solely for the fun of their creative efforts. However, incentives work to motivate people who otherwise wouldn’t give a damn.

if they would otherwise not give a damn, I personally don’t want them working on it.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Adapt Posted:

yes. that is exactly how I want it. We already have lots of people playing forumbuildr. what’s the point of the payout? to attract people to play it. We don’t need more of an incentive for a mbumive amount of people to come play for the wrong reasons (a reward). You should use forumbuildr because you like to do it, because you want to see something good added to the site that you contributed to; the idea is not to just add as many crappy submissions as you can to try to get money or scoops. At least in theory.

I disagree that there are right and wrong reasons to play forumbuildr. I don’t buy that only people interested in forumbuildr for the sacred purity of forumbuildr should be submitting things. I’m sure that there are people who could write great ideas but just don’t play for whatever reason. Drawing them in with a real reward so that the rest of the community could benefit from their ideas would be great. And if they’re ****ty ideas? That’s what the downvote option is for.

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

plk Posted:

I disagree that there are right and wrong reasons to play forumbuildr. I don’t buy that only people interested in forumbuildr for the sacred purity of forumbuildr should be submitting things. I’m sure that there are people who could write great ideas but just don’t play for whatever reason. Drawing them in with a real reward so that the rest of the community could benefit from their ideas would be great. And if they’re ****ty ideas? That’s what the downvote option is for.

I don’t believe that only those people should play it either. I’m not saying you have to all for the site and all self-sacrificing and what not. Just that a reward will not bring in new people in the way that other people think it will. That’s what I don’t buy. Log in to see images!

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Adapt Posted:

if they would otherwise not give a damn, I personally don’t want them working on it.

So, if someone makes a kickbum forum solely because they’re “paid” to, is that bad?

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

DarkDespair5 Posted:

So, if someone makes a kickbum forum solely because they’re “paid” to, is that bad?

no. but there’s no guarantee that that will happen. what i think is more likely is that they will flood the already crowded fields with a lot of entries that are bad and are just there to try to earn money. I don’t think the potential benefit here is better than risking the potential downsides.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Adapt Posted:

I don’t believe that only those people should play it either. I’m not saying you have to all for the site and all self-sacrificing and what not. Just that a reward will not bring in new people in the way that other people think it will. That’s what I don’t buy. Log in to see images!

It could be a pretty attractive thing to new players, who don’t have much flezz, though. Get them hooked by giving them the flezz they need at a time when it’s useful and they’ll continue to play after that amount of flezz loses its usefulness. Basically, think like a drug pusher.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!