Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Zeta

Avatar: 68174 Wed Oct 22 15:55:08 -0400 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

Narrative justification is easy, if you try it.

A good troll harbumes people because those people are idiots that are ruining the internet for reasonable folks and they need to be put into place. An evil troll insults people because they they enjoy causing misery in others. A neutral troll just does it for the lulz.

A good camwhore wants to share her beauty with the world, manipulating onlookers into publicly acknowledging said beauty hence validating the camwhore. An evil camwhore just wants to be a tease in order to frustrate people and manipulate them into doing things they would probably regret. A neutral camwhore is just vain.

etc.

I mean, we already have an alignment system in the character bar, it would be nice if the game would interpret this somewhat in terms of actually playing this game. I mean, an evil Hacker probably would not replace the forum background with pictures of kittens, and a saintly troll probably ought to have a some very powerful attacks that aren’t “posting shock images” (“mini-mod” would be a great ability for good trolls.)

Very true. I never thought about it from that view.

The only thing I’m wondering now is the skill tree idea. If it just means that you get different set of attacks depending on your alignment after lvl 30, then fine. But when I hear “skill tree”, I start thinking about requirements to unlock sections of them, like say having 100+ offense to unlock a new skill, or have a 50% or higher alignment to unlock a new attack. It just doesn’t fit in very well with what we already have. What happens if you have a good alignment, then make the wrong choice in a conversation and drop down to evil? Do you lose your new attacks, or would you need to haxl and redo your points again?

And now all that’s running through my head is that the name for a troll with good alignment needs to be internet tough guy.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!