Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Episode 3 - Player Suggestions and Feedback (Heavy Episode 2 Spoilers)

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Hey everyone! As the Apprentice team started organizing and getting our act together, Iconnu mentioned that a lot of great ideas for Episode 3 had already been hashed out, in The unofficial “what the ****” Episode 3 waiting room. So, since you all clearly have some good ideas, we thought it would be prudent to make a thread devoted entirely to what you guys thought about various ideas and suggestions for Episode 3.

Now, I don’t want to give any false impressions; this isn’t like “THREAD OF COOL THINGS COMING IN EPISODE 3 FOR SURE,” and it might turn out that very few or even none of these make it into Episode 3. However, since you’re the ones who will be playing it, it only makes sense if you guys get to weigh in on stuff you like/don’t like. :3

So, without further ado, I present your ideas! (Please suggest more if you’d like to see something and I’ll add it to this first post to facilitate more discussion. Plot ideas are also allowed; basically anything Episode 3-related is a topic here.)

EPISODE 3 PLAYER SUGGESTIONS

Idea #1:

Fanboy/Otaku/Weeaboo Clbum

Idea #2:

The endgame forum should be re-opened so as to allow players the ability to discuss stuff about the game without fear of spoilers for new players.

Idea #3:

You start over at the beginning of Episode 1 as a level 1 Re-re and have to beat Episode 1&2 again. (And that’s all Episode 3 is.)
Obviously not a serious idea, but I’ll write them all down rather than pick and choose the ones I personally think are viable.

Idea #4:

Being able to pwn from the grave (in respect to the player’s death at the end of Episode 2)

Idea #5:

Waking up in a hospital or from a dream, again, (in respect to the player’s death at the end of Episode 2)

Idea #6:

You only died on the internet, similar to what happened at the end of Episode 1, and then you return in the midst of a huge war between the FBO, Sentrillion, and Geronimo

Idea #7:

The sTalk conversation with Dr. Jojo involves storing one’s brain on a computer, and this is the key to Episode 3.

Idea #8:

It’s unlikely your character actually died. There’s no way a sound could kill you; the noise just caused some sort of paralysis and this fits in with the machines conspiracy.

Idea #9:

Alignment becomes relevant in a mission where it decides who you take a mission from in order to regain your life; Satan, St. Peter, or Richard Dawkins (neutral) all potentially could make an appearance.

Idea #10:

NPCs progress throughout the story, allowing the player to see how their actions have affected these other characters.

Idea #11:

A supplement to the alignment idea above, you could find yourself in internet Hell where Satan/God is actually Joss Wheldon; Internet Hell being where old memes go to die.

Idea #12:

You are actually dead but NetTranny somehow resurrects you so you can pay off the debt you owe.

Idea #13:

Huge complex segment for Episode 3 unable to be done justice in one sentence.

Idea #14:

Additional Clbum Warfare Idea, again too in-depth to describe here.

Idea #15:

A hacking minigame in which Shallow teaches you how to hack through a few missions, allowing you to get past the hackers in Geronimo! that kill you.

Idea #16:

At some point in the narrative, there’s a side quest given to you by some NPC based on your clbum and your alignment(break it into good/neutral/evil). Completion of the sidequest unlocks a skill or tree of skills unique to and thematically appropriate to that clbum/alignment (they can be mechanically identical, just thematically different so it’s easier to balance). Additionally, some peen or title or item is granted to people based on their clbum/alignment combination. For example, good trolls could be pedants/mini-mods, evil hackers could be black hats, etc.

Idea #17:

The Survival Forum Idea

Finally, a list of topics that aren’t necessarily full ideas on their own right. Discussions about the topics below could include how to best facilitate their inclusion.

More Courtroom Drama

More Boss Threads

More Clbum Warfare

The Wrath of NetTranny

Further allofwares.ru involvement

EDIT: All Apprentices and Auditors please refrain from discussing the ideas presented here. I don’t want to give any indication whatsoever of which ideas are being more heavily favored by the Creative team.

If one of you would like to discuss one of these topics in more detail please make a thread about it in the sub-forum instead.

Shii edited this message on 05/21/2009 3:17AM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Shii Posted:

Idea #3

You start over at the beginning of Episode 1 as a level 1 Re-re and have to beat Episode 1&2 again. (And that’s all Episode 3 is.)

On a serious note, perhaps involve a “hacking” mini-game? Like Shallow teaches you how to hack through a couple missions, and that’s how you get past the hackers in Geronimo?

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 05/17/2009 2:32PM

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I won’t be discussing anything, pursuant to my little EDIT at the bottom. I’ll add all the new suggestions but nothing beyond that.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Geez, not as much activity as I expected.

Bump. I’ll be organizing this by topic to prevent it from being a tl;dr wall of quotes after we get a few more.

Zeta

Avatar: 68174 Wed Oct 22 15:55:08 -0400 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

Fanboy clbum.

Wut.

No.

If we were going to say hybrid clbumes and name one (like troll/emo) fanboy, then I’d be fine. But I want to know why the fanboy clbum is so popular. What are their attacks going to be? “tl;dr response” and “review topic”? And what’s their secondary stat going to be? Potato chips?

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Imo, no “new” clbumes. Maybe add a prestige clbum or two, but we have all of the active groups on “the internet” to choose already.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Sheesh, not as much discussion as I had hoped. :-/

Come on guys, make with the inspiration! Log in to see images!

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

I made mine already D:

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

dobnits Posted:

I made mine already D:

Made your what?

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Here’s what I’m really hoping for:

Alignment does something

At some point in the narrative, there’s a side quest given to you by some NPC based on your clbum and your alignment(break it into good/neutral/evil). Completion of the sidequest unlocks a skill or tree of skills unique to and thematically appropriate to that clbum/alignment (they can be mechanically identical, just thematically different so it’s easier to balance). Additionally, some peen or title or item is granted to people based on their clbum/alignment combination. For example, good trolls could be pedants/mini-mods, evil hackers could be black hats, etc.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 05/20/2009 7:35AM

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

um… the survival forum idea?

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/21600

idea develops towards the end.

“Da Kremlin” and the “Fall of the Soviet Union” Peen have got to be my favorite parts of the idea

(even tho i didn’t say those specific parts)

ghax edited this message on 05/20/2009 7:53AM

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Thread updated, ideas added to OP.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Imo, no “new” clbumes. Maybe add a prestige clbum or two, but we have all of the active groups on “the internet” to choose already.

Also WHEEEEEEE!!!

This

Basically all you’d really need is a tech tree system which is nice and simple in theory. My buddy who spends too much time on ED for example puts furries as either camwhores (the furverts) or emo kids (those who suffer from a fursecution complex). I could see Weeabos as either a Pnub or a hacker depending on how much false intellect you want to give them as they spout out anime trivia and Goku’s Power level during the Freeza Saga. Otaku definitely the latter.

As far as I’m concerned however, the one thing that will make or break EVERYTHING in the game will be how status ailments are done. Adding in that dimension creates a whole whack load of possibilities to be played with and it’s really hard to say anything without any idea how those are being implemented.

All I can say about that is that I really hope he adds status effects to all the old .moars instead of just making a bunch more. We already have 200 useless ones and it would really mess with the drop stats of items Log in to see images!

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Oh god thank you for reminding my dunatis.

WE NEED TO COMPILE UPGRADES INTO A ****ING SKILL TREE.

It would save a lot of headaches with the skills bouncing around, would tell a person if they maxed a stat out so they don’t come and ask, and when they get a new skill! It has no downsides, and overall will prevent a lot of mistakes and make things easier.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 05/21/2009 4:26AM

Zeta

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

For example, good trolls could be pedants/mini-mods, evil hackers could be black hats, etc.

How do you have a good clbum that causes just as much trouble for forums as the bad ones do? You can’t say the good troll has a conscience and feels bad about hurting people because he’s still a troll, and by definition they want to cause disruption. I can see good hackers not taking certain missions because of ethics or whatever, but how do you have a good emo, camwhore, or permanoob? Emos don’t care about anything, permanoobs are too stupid, and camwhores…

Though it would be funny to make a joke about how they’re exposing themselves for justice and whatnot, it doesn’t make much sense.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Zeta Posted:

How do you have a good clbum that causes just as much trouble for forums as the bad ones do? You can’t say the good troll has a conscience and feels bad about hurting people because he’s still a troll, and by definition they want to cause disruption. I can see good hackers not taking certain missions because of ethics or whatever, but how do you have a good emo, camwhore, or permanoob? Emos don’t care about anything, permanoobs are too stupid, and camwhores…

Though it would be funny to make a joke about how they’re exposing themselves for justice and whatnot, it doesn’t make much sense.

Narrative justification is easy, if you try it.

A good troll harbumes people because those people are idiots that are ruining the internet for reasonable folks and they need to be put into place. An evil troll insults people because they they enjoy causing misery in others. A neutral troll just does it for the lulz.

A good camwhore wants to share her beauty with the world, manipulating onlookers into publicly acknowledging said beauty hence validating the camwhore. An evil camwhore just wants to be a tease in order to frustrate people and manipulate them into doing things they would probably regret. A neutral camwhore is just vain.

etc.

I mean, we already have an alignment system in the character bar, it would be nice if the game would interpret this somewhat in terms of actually playing this game. I mean, an evil Hacker probably would not replace the forum background with pictures of kittens, and a saintly troll probably ought to have a some very powerful attacks that aren’t “posting shock images” (“mini-mod” would be a great ability for good trolls.)

Zeta

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

Narrative justification is easy, if you try it.

A good troll harbumes people because those people are idiots that are ruining the internet for reasonable folks and they need to be put into place. An evil troll insults people because they they enjoy causing misery in others. A neutral troll just does it for the lulz.

A good camwhore wants to share her beauty with the world, manipulating onlookers into publicly acknowledging said beauty hence validating the camwhore. An evil camwhore just wants to be a tease in order to frustrate people and manipulate them into doing things they would probably regret. A neutral camwhore is just vain.

etc.

I mean, we already have an alignment system in the character bar, it would be nice if the game would interpret this somewhat in terms of actually playing this game. I mean, an evil Hacker probably would not replace the forum background with pictures of kittens, and a saintly troll probably ought to have a some very powerful attacks that aren’t “posting shock images” (“mini-mod” would be a great ability for good trolls.)

Very true. I never thought about it from that view.

The only thing I’m wondering now is the skill tree idea. If it just means that you get different set of attacks depending on your alignment after lvl 30, then fine. But when I hear “skill tree”, I start thinking about requirements to unlock sections of them, like say having 100+ offense to unlock a new skill, or have a 50% or higher alignment to unlock a new attack. It just doesn’t fit in very well with what we already have. What happens if you have a good alignment, then make the wrong choice in a conversation and drop down to evil? Do you lose your new attacks, or would you need to haxl and redo your points again?

And now all that’s running through my head is that the name for a troll with good alignment needs to be internet tough guy.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

This is a good discussion, keep it up guys. :3

Zalan

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Playing a couple games tonight and drinking. Going to just jot down things as I float through the evening.

* Some sort of helper/minion program that automatically processes junk into Flezz on login. Lower levels of the program can eat up a portion of the flezz. Higher levels eventually cost nothing.

* This opens up into a wide variety of small little helper-style tools that each clbum could use. Hackers would have programs. Trolls would have followers. Camwhores would have stalkers. Emo kids would have therapists. Re-Res would have aides. (Yeah, some gold right there to joke with.) Choice of one active use at a time. Takes a portion of the Flezz that a forum may give or something in payment. % Offense Raise. % Defense Raise. Skill Cooldown Reduction. % Chance Junk per thread. Quality change of .moar files. These things can have varying levels. Require Flezz/Scoops/Visits/Quests to level up and become more useful.

* Cleaner shopping interface across stores. Some sort of global purchasing program so that instead of having to individually go to each shop, each shop can have a mini-tab. Or items are broken up by equipment type/specification in one ‘global’ shop interface.

* Tie Alignment to specific quest givers and unlockable forums. This lends itself interesting to klan warfare since make-up of who is aligned with what may actually matter if you want to interrupt or hold forums. Possibility of alignment-specific things extends to shops/skill upgrades/ability paths.

* Add in an icon next to a forum name if that forum is currently in your streak.

* Uncommon/Rare encounters in forums. Either in the thread itself or at the end of it. Forum Moderator/Administrator/Third Party encounter with a variety of choices. Could affect alignment, junk drops, uncommon equipment. Possibly overtime gain access to special forums/etc.

Zalan edited this message on 05/23/2009 1:31AM

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/31915-itt-episode-3-spoilers

50% bull****, 50% seeing if anyone thought an idea in there was clever.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!