Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Hey everyone! As the Apprentice team started organizing and getting our act together, Iconnu mentioned that a lot of great ideas for Episode 3 had already been hashed out, in The unofficial “what the ****” Episode 3 waiting room. So, since you all clearly have some good ideas, we thought it would be prudent to make a thread devoted entirely to what you guys thought about various ideas and suggestions for Episode 3.

Now, I don’t want to give any false impressions; this isn’t like “THREAD OF COOL THINGS COMING IN EPISODE 3 FOR SURE,” and it might turn out that very few or even none of these make it into Episode 3. However, since you’re the ones who will be playing it, it only makes sense if you guys get to weigh in on stuff you like/don’t like. :3

So, without further ado, I present your ideas! (Please suggest more if you’d like to see something and I’ll add it to this first post to facilitate more discussion. Plot ideas are also allowed; basically anything Episode 3-related is a topic here.)

EPISODE 3 PLAYER SUGGESTIONS

Idea #1:

Fanboy/Otaku/Weeaboo Clbum

Idea #2:

The endgame forum should be re-opened so as to allow players the ability to discuss stuff about the game without fear of spoilers for new players.

Idea #3:

You start over at the beginning of Episode 1 as a level 1 Re-re and have to beat Episode 1&2 again. (And that’s all Episode 3 is.)
Obviously not a serious idea, but I’ll write them all down rather than pick and choose the ones I personally think are viable.

Idea #4:

Being able to pwn from the grave (in respect to the player’s death at the end of Episode 2)

Idea #5:

Waking up in a hospital or from a dream, again, (in respect to the player’s death at the end of Episode 2)

Idea #6:

You only died on the internet, similar to what happened at the end of Episode 1, and then you return in the midst of a huge war between the FBO, Sentrillion, and Geronimo

Idea #7:

The sTalk conversation with Dr. Jojo involves storing one’s brain on a computer, and this is the key to Episode 3.

Idea #8:

It’s unlikely your character actually died. There’s no way a sound could kill you; the noise just caused some sort of paralysis and this fits in with the machines conspiracy.

Idea #9:

Alignment becomes relevant in a mission where it decides who you take a mission from in order to regain your life; Satan, St. Peter, or Richard Dawkins (neutral) all potentially could make an appearance.

Idea #10:

NPCs progress throughout the story, allowing the player to see how their actions have affected these other characters.

Idea #11:

A supplement to the alignment idea above, you could find yourself in internet Hell where Satan/God is actually Joss Wheldon; Internet Hell being where old memes go to die.

Idea #12:

You are actually dead but NetTranny somehow resurrects you so you can pay off the debt you owe.

Idea #13:

Huge complex segment for Episode 3 unable to be done justice in one sentence.

Idea #14:

Additional Clbum Warfare Idea, again too in-depth to describe here.

Idea #15:

A hacking minigame in which Shallow teaches you how to hack through a few missions, allowing you to get past the hackers in Geronimo! that kill you.

Idea #16:

At some point in the narrative, there’s a side quest given to you by some NPC based on your clbum and your alignment(break it into good/neutral/evil). Completion of the sidequest unlocks a skill or tree of skills unique to and thematically appropriate to that clbum/alignment (they can be mechanically identical, just thematically different so it’s easier to balance). Additionally, some peen or title or item is granted to people based on their clbum/alignment combination. For example, good trolls could be pedants/mini-mods, evil hackers could be black hats, etc.

Idea #17:

The Survival Forum Idea

Finally, a list of topics that aren’t necessarily full ideas on their own right. Discussions about the topics below could include how to best facilitate their inclusion.

More Courtroom Drama

More Boss Threads

More Clbum Warfare

The Wrath of NetTranny

Further allofwares.ru involvement

EDIT: All Apprentices and Auditors please refrain from discussing the ideas presented here. I don’t want to give any indication whatsoever of which ideas are being more heavily favored by the Creative team.

If one of you would like to discuss one of these topics in more detail please make a thread about it in the sub-forum instead.

Shii edited this message on 05/21/2009 3:17AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!