Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Vince Russo

[WeChall]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

HunyrgLiekTehWofl Posted:

Ah, luckily I have only a vague idea who McCarthy was. I base my opinions on the fact that I live in country that struggled with communism for about 50 years. So, sorry about that, but I’ve seen it. I’ve read book that are elaborate metaphors, just to bypbum censorship. I’ve seen pictures and movies which were locked for years, as they didn’t support the party’s point of view. I know of people who were hunted down and murdered after WWII, as they were opposing the Soviet with the same determination they opposed the Nazis. I’ve seen posters teching people to contempt free traders, and glorifying physical workers (this can be answer to your doctor & garbageman argument, personally I rescpect people who work hard and with pbumion, no matter what their job is, I don’t know how you want from salaries to respect).

I too, know first and second hand of the horrors of Stalinism. Though my father was of Mongolian heritage (which as of the last 10 years broke away from their Communist government and have struggled so badly that the country has literally gone backwards towards tribal societies. My mother (& the grandparents I knew) came from Hungary during WW2 fleeing from the Nazi’s and the Communist government. I have heard many horrible stories of how my uncle was literally smashed and killed under a German tank (I wasn’t born yet). Most of my family line died in WW2 against the Nazi regime, except for those who fled to America.

The Stalinist side of it was no better as the Communist militias did little for the people they were supposed to protect and believed in instilling military fear into the hearts of the people. They too walked through the streets of Tjor and “policed” the city in whatever way pleased them.

The Stalin era of Communism was the black eye and wounded heart of what Communism was supposed to represent. Even after the fall of Stalin the Soviet Union was so weakened after the second WW that other leaders could not fix what he had broken and fell into his archetype (though no one was worse by any comparison).

The dirtiest fact of all? Stalin killed more people than all of Nazi Germany did. Worse still? They were his own people.

Stalin is not and NEVER was about what real Communism stood for. He is a disgrace… a stain on the fingers and eyes of humanity.

Sorry rant over.

Vince Russo edited this message on 03/30/2008 2:32PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!