Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics Defective Two Party System (USA)

Irascible

[My Balls]

Level 15 Troll

The Duke of Fail

Does anyone else think that having an only two party (liberal and conservative) system creates problems?

Look at Canada, they have a four party system. They have less crime in general. Less political uprising. Could creating a three or four party system help this? Discuss.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

the hard part is breaking the 2 party cycle. we have other parties, they just don’t have a chance :/

Irascible

[My Balls]

Level 15 Troll

The Duke of Fail

E.G. Nader, but no one takes him seriously (green party).

Thunderbear

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

No.

Irascible

[My Balls]

Level 15 Troll

The Duke of Fail

If you are going to say no, explain it. No trolling, ****er.

Thunderbear

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

OH **** THIS IS TOO INTENSE FOR ME

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

IrascibleRedoubt Posted:

Does anyone else think that having an only two party (liberal and conservative) system creates problems?

Look at Canada, they have a four party system. They have less crime in general. Less political uprising. Could creating a three or four party system help this? Discuss.

Correlation does not equal causation.

Fixing crime will not be as simple as having more parties.

Furthermore, the party system in america is not a government regulated thing. It’s up to the people to decide whether they want more parties, and if we’re going by the failures of the green party and other ****ant one there ever was, they clearly don’t want one.

Irascible

[My Balls]

Level 15 Troll

The Duke of Fail

Having more choice does allow for the picking of a (hopefully) better qualified candidate.

The candidates now, in my opinion, are terrible.

doug05257

Avatar: 3798 Mon Oct 20 19:57:21 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 34 Troll

WILL YIFF FOR VANILLA SCOOPS!

IrascibleRedoubt Posted:

E.G. Nader, but no one takes him seriously (green party).

He’s running as Independent this time. D:

Anyway, I don’t really care how many parties we have. It really has nothing to do with crime or the things you mentioned.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

IrascibleRedoubt Posted:

Having more choice does allow for the picking of a (hopefully) better qualified candidate.

The candidates now, in my opinion, are terrible.

We do have more candidates. Democrat and Republican aren’t the only two parties, just the biggest.

Dante Kinkade

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

TSB-positive

Our partys that get in (not counting the curent one) Just tend to pbum good laws and such so thats why it is better.

Though it still is amusing even with our good gun controll and all keeping murder by guns down, murder by stabing is much higher then shootings here.

mary misanth-
rope

Level 35 Emo Kid

Second Best mammary glands on Forumwarz

nanafabulous personjesus Posted:

Correlation does not equal causation.

Fixing crime will not be as simple as having more parties.

Fully agreed on that point.

To answer the question, I’d argue that having more than two parties in the mix does not make a government inherently more democratic. There are at least a dozen prerequisites that most political scientists would agree a government must meet in order to be considered democratic… but that’s basically the political science nerd in me talking.

I agree that the “winner takes all” method of appointing elected officials sucks, and proportional representation would be more representative of the actual voice of the electorate.

mary misanth-
rope

Level 35 Emo Kid

Second Best mammary glands on Forumwarz

nanafabulous personjesus Posted:

We do have more candidates. Democrat and Republican aren’t the only two parties, just the biggest.

But you can’t ignore the fact that, de facto, we have two parties. Other parties may be legal and get votes, but they don’t get a proportionate amount of seats in Congress.

Irascible

[My Balls]

Level 15 Troll

The Duke of Fail

Mary is right.

I honestly think we need a remake of our current government.

Too much power in the wrong places creates revolution, and revolution creates temporary happiness.

PollyAmorist

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

IrascibleRedoubt Posted:

Mary is right.

Too much power in the wrong places creates revolution, and revolution creates temporary happiness.

Perpetual revolution creates perpetual happiness. CLbum WAAAAR! *fast guitar solo thraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash!!*

Irascible

[My Balls]

Level 15 Troll

The Duke of Fail

Fail…

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

Even with more parties, we’d still be stuck voting for the people rich enough to actually campaign.

I think the founding fathers (Washington, at least) ****ing hated having political parties at all.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

mary misanthrope Posted:

But you can’t ignore the fact that, de facto, we have two parties. Other parties may be legal and get votes, but they don’t get a proportionate amount of seats in Congress.

That’s the people’s fault. That and lack of media exposure, but if more people were willing to put some effort into finding out what they want in government, and then finding a candidate whose policies they agree with then things would certainly be a lot better.

IrascibleRedoubt Posted:

Mary is right.

Our government isn’t whats wrong; You’re oversimplifying. Partisan politics and the people are. The constitution allows us to do everything we need to ‘fix’ things. But keep in mind not everyone agrees on what needs fixing and how to fix it.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

p.s., mary I have gained a lot of respect for you. moar politic talk plz.

Fart Salesman

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Too many people are content with picking between a giant douche or a turd sandwich, especially older generations who fear change almost as much as they fear kids or brown people. Once this useless limb of an older generation dies off, maybe some sort of political revolution will occur. I doubt it though, look how badly the baby boomers sold out to the traditions of their parents.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!