Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

1. A specific ban structure (or rather, a modification to the existing one) is one of the primary points of discussion. And it seems to actually be erring on the side of leniency.

2. The rules actually have seen some relaxation. We’ve actually removed one permaban offense.

We know that fairness of enforcement is an important issue. And we’ve factored that heavily into our discussions. When there were only 1 or 2 Mods, it was not as obvious when those two Mods had slightly different applications of enforcement. And it did happen, more than we might think, based upon the account histories I’ve seen. But with only 2 cooks in the kitchen, it never ‘boiled over’.

Now with 7 Mods, the same thing is happening, but it’s more noticeable. Part of that is that a lot more of the bannable offenses were being caught early. Four times as many sets of eyes tends to result in stronger enforcement. Add to that the enforcement structure which allowed a significant degree of individual interpretation, and this is where we are today.

When we’re allowed to go into more details, we will. I think that may be relatively soon.

Some people will be pleased with the changes, others will not. But the ultimate goal is to improve the community, not to degenerate it.

Can you please address the specific situation that Crinkz referred to rather then just giving the same answer over and over again? I’ve tried tubmailing a mod two days ago about it and I got no answer. Can a person post personal information in IDC and get away with it or not? That’s not a minor infraction either. We’re talking PERMABAN here. How can one mod think something is not a permaban offense and another think it is? This isn’t a grey area like shock, this one is black or white. Either it is or it isn’t.

Just the fact that I have to ask this question again is a sign that something ain’t right here. How can we possibly avoid getting banned if the mods don’t even know it’s a bannable offense?.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!