Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

AtomicScript-
er

Avatar: 64129 Thu Oct 16 17:05:30 -0400 2008

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

This Stays On The Internet

I’m more into science fiction, A Wrinkle In Time, The Hitchhiker’s Guide, etc.

Baen books are p. cool.

TBW Posted:

His Dark Materials weirded me out when I read it as a child because I was really uber Christian and I didn’t get why the nuns were killing everyone lol. I think most of the Paradise Lost things were in the third one, maybe put The Amber Spyglbum on the Maybe list?

Other maybe books:

Wicked or one of the other Oz books by Gregory Maguire

Inferno by Larry Niven and Jerry Journelle (which is based on Dante’s Inferno but they put other science fiction authors in hell, including Kurt Vonnegut and L Ron lulz)

The Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G.Wells or anything else by him

anything by Christopher Moore (points for funny)

anything by Kurt Vonnegut

anything by John Wyndham

H.G. Wells, totally. The Island of Dr. Moreau is very culturally relevant these days. Dante’s Inferno (not Inferno in particular) is a definite must, we need to have some mythology, and the religious explorations are wonderful. Besides, I’ve never read it the whole way through. Log in to see images!

I think we should read some Douglas Adams. Hitchhiker’s Guide or Disk World are definitely needed on the comedy side.

~300 pages a week? One novel a month?

The Unknown Comic Posted:

I’m open to almost all books except Harry Potter or Twilight.

no why wud u do that we neeeeed to reed twilite its the best book EVURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR thers a dreamy vampier and he fallz in luv wit thiz gurl its soo SWEEEET and CEEEEWL its sooooo GUUUUD its the only reeeel book!!1!

EDIT: Kurt Vonnegut, **** yes. We need to read The Barnhouse Effect (I believe that’s what it’s called). Harrison Begeron would be nice as well.

AtomicScripter edited this message on 05/04/2009 10:14PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!