Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

I’m letting the idea roll around in my head.

My initial reaction is excitement. The biggest feature for me is that is gives people who aren’t interested in staying home at dom end (me) a reason to raid again. I’m not sure anyone else cares about long term goals in a community setting. Do the people who got Super-Chai feel like it was rewarding? Is the fact that cherry will be a shared goal enough to create more grinders? (I don’t have Super-Chai.) All in all, I care far more about raiding being worthwhile to people who don’t care for dom than “fixing” dom.

I’m in favor of the change (cherry) that would affect me. The rest of the incredibly well thought out suggestion seems to be a very big improvement that still doesn’t fix the thing which irritates me most: having to be present at the end of dom in order to compete. I’m planning on banking scoops every time I get them just to avoid domination.

I’m a tad worried that the megaklan advantage would make rewards trivial for some klans and nearly unobtainable for others. However, given that klan size changes, I’m not sure there is a good solution. One idea: use a multiplier when cherry scoops are banked that is inversely proportional to klan size at that moment. Gameable, though. Perhaps base the multiplier on the highest number of active players in the klan during the previous week. Something like

Scoops Banked * y = Scoops added to klan total, where y = 10/number of klan members

But, you know, better. And balanced. Eh, I’m just hoping out loud now. Table’d be easier to figure out. Multiplier needs a floor somewhere.

markchd edited this message on 04/28/2009 7:55AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!