Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Shii Posted:

It’s a valid point, but at least SOME of that music would be legally bought. They might not spend $6,000 on it, but I’m sure they’d have at least 1,000 songs or so.

It’s not an issue of being “holier than the savages,” it’s an issue of paying people who deserve it. If some artist paints a new painting, if someone just walked in and took it cuz they wanted it, what kind of argument would “I’m too cheap to pay for it” be?

What kind of argument would “I just want to try it out and see if I like it” be?

In the real world, theft of property isn’t tolerated. Why is it tolerated online? Because it’s easier? Because everyone does it?

Here’s a shocker: not everything “everyone does” is right.

I never said that it makes it right. But heres a shocker the money it would cost to prosecute everyone is orders of magnitude above what is lost. Also legal online download have already surpbumed music sales. Most of the money doesn’t even go to the artists, that’s been known for a long time. Artists can make there money from tours but the music itself is more widely known through the internet.

Right or wrong things have changed, you can’t run things like they did 10 years ago. Companies need to adapt not attack. Because its really all they can do.

Not a single case of illegal downloading has ever been won by the RIAA.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!