Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scullyangel

Avatar: 44656 Mon Aug 17 23:47:33 -0400 2009

[Good Omens]

Level 39 Camwhore

If I was a gila monster you could be my devil ray.

MC Banhammer Posted:

But here: the only “written” rule against my revealing your alts, or how many Brownie Points you have, or what your current streak is and how many forums visits you have left, is this wording at the top of the mod page:

Note it doesn’t say I can’t reveal the information, only that I shouldn’t. So I guess you’d be okay with it if I did, since it’s not against the rules? Or would you prefer I stick with the intent?

And I certainly wouldn’t get banned if I revealed that information, right? Or be stripped of my mod status? Because nowhere is it actually specified that those would be the consequences. So I guess it’d be okay.

Based on what has happened in the past? Honestly, not only wouldn’t I expect a punishment to come down the line for it, I’d be shocked if it happened. I’m pretty sure I said as much in the thread from a couple months ago questioning the ethics of mods alt revealing.

The suggestion that those who are given power be held to no additional standards, is something I will always have a problem with. Yes, when a player does something out of line he should be smacked, that is the simple call. When a mod/admin does something off base it implies that the users are stupid, complacent and uninterested if no one questions it. If I were an admin I would be far more concerned with players not caring enough to question things. As long as people get riled up when something not quite kosher happens it means they are still involved and care about how things are done.

gig getting a 2 month ban for breaking a rule he was clearly unaware of, a rule that is rather silly given the nature of the site and the forums, is something that should be looked at and reconsidered. was protesting the rule, the ban, and the silly number of sticky threads by posting wacky pictures and lines of literature is simply a matter of pointing out flawed rules and the fact that it is possible the rule makers are suffering from testicular torsion.

I’m tired of arguing about things that should be obvious. If people can’t see why there is an occasional need to question how things work when they are working in a poor or unfair manner, there is certainly nothing I can say to change that situation.

The WJWHF forum still only states that no images should be posted, it seems like it wouldn’t be terribly difficult to update that to reflect the actual rule rather than relying on people psychically guessing the spirit of the rule. I wouldn’t want to break any unwritten rules in the future, so for the sake of clarity can someone please let me know if the spirit of the rule is to prevent the posting any sort of spam, to prevent posting off topic, or both in the sticky threads in the Whores forum?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!