Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Banning for not breaking any rules, awesome move.

scullyangel

Avatar: 44656 Mon Aug 17 23:47:33 -0400 2009

[Good Omens]

Level 39 Camwhore

If I was a gila monster you could be my devil ray.

Seriously. Wtf. For text???

http://www.forumwarz.com/profiles/was

Now banning really is a just because we feel like it thing? Are you joking?

Kaiser guy can fling out day after day of his “I love Kaisers” crap interrupting every god damn active thread. We get walls of blank line spam and then repeated empty quoting of blank line spam from someone who was made into a mod? And walls of browser lagging smiley spam every damn day. Not to mention the ****ty copypasta memes that slop themselves everywhere all the time.

Yeah, seriously, we are in need of a very ****ing specific set of rules and a little less ****y moderator head tripping.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

scullyangel Posted:

we are in need of a very ****ing specific set of rule

100% signed.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Or stop comeing up with such ****ing dumb ones. Not posting off-topic in sticky RP threads? Then mods need to stop being so ****ing sitcky happy. The rule is dumb as hell, and whoever thought it was a good one needs to be slapped.

Daniel Plain-
view

Avatar: 88291 Thu Apr 23 15:39:59 -0400 2009

[Arse Ticklers fabulous persons Fanclub]

Level 47 Emo Kid

I look at people and I see nothing worth liking.

Move to Whiny ****es

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I’m not quite sure what’s happening but signed Log in to see images!

Hmm, a normally law-abiding poster is banned for his peaceful protest of the excessive 2 month banning of gigerth over a rule that no one knew about. He comes back from his ban and once again takes up the mantle of the oppressed, though he knows it will mean certain doom. He is a brave soldier of the Resistance. Unban was and remove the stickied threads rule. The people have spoken.

Electric-Tur-
tle-02

[spots-****]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

^what they said. (minus the whiny ****es thing)

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Yes, people get banned for doing things which don’t break the written rules but break the spirit of the rules. Intent is also taken into account. was knew exactly what he was doing, and, as evidenced by his ban “appeals”, completely expected the consequences.

The issue of people pushing the rules and getting banned for it comes up over and over again. And people will continue getting banned for pushing the rules w/o actually “breaking” them.

But here: the only “written” rule against my revealing your alts, or how many Brownie Points you have, or what your current streak is and how many forums visits you have left, is this wording at the top of the mod page:

This is private information and should be used for site moderation only.

Note it doesn’t say I can’t reveal the information, only that I shouldn’t. So I guess you’d be okay with it if I did, since it’s not against the rules? Or would you prefer I stick with the intent?

And I certainly wouldn’t get banned if I revealed that information, right? Or be stripped of my mod status? Because nowhere is it actually specified that those would be the consequences. So I guess it’d be okay.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

A much bigger and more important question in this case is how many long term, contributing, interesting members of this community are worth alienating over this particular case. Could this thread be moved to whiny ****es and ignored? Sure. Would scully start down the road of suicide by mod? Good chance. Have several other bans already been served up directly in response to gigerth’s and was’ bans? Absolutely. How many bans have to happen before our gracious mod staff decides this particular fight isn’t worth it?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Fortunato Posted:

How many bans have to happen before our gracious mod staff decides this particular fight isn’t worth it?

Well if people keep breaking/pushing the rules, bans will keep happening no matter what.

Clearly this is an issue of interest to the community, and I though that yesterday I made it clear that we were talking about it. Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough.

Expect some changes. Just not super-quick.

Daniel Plain-
view

Avatar: 88291 Thu Apr 23 15:39:59 -0400 2009

[Arse Ticklers fabulous persons Fanclub]

Level 47 Emo Kid

I look at people and I see nothing worth liking.

Fortunato Posted:

A much bigger and more important question in this case is how many long term, contributing, interesting members of this community are worth alienating over this particular case. Could this thread be moved to whiny ****es and ignored? Sure. Would scully start down the road of suicide by mod? Good chance. Have several other bans already been served up directly in response to gigerth’s and was’ bans? Absolutely. How many bans have to happen before our gracious mod staff decides this particular fight isn’t worth it?

Your worried people might get alienated over this? It’s just a game, guys…

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Daniel Plainview Posted:

Your worried people might get alienated over this? It’s just a game, guys…

This is a social game. You hang here any amount of time, you make friends. Your friends get banned. You feel they are unjust bans. The first few, maybe you’ll put up with, especially if you know your friends will shrug it off or were deliberately aiming for it. But after a while, what if everyone begins losing patience and begins saying “One more ban and I’m not coming back” or “Well damn, half of my friends never come on anymore, the other half are permabanned, why should I?”

This community has already had numerous cases of both. A few prominent ones include Escher, PhilANThropiSt, and Vuron. Scully knew just about all of them and misses them. People make their own decisions, obviously, but just as important to the site as bringing in new blood is keeping the good blood you already have and people don’t stay if all their friends get banned or leave.

This is directed specifically at Daniel Plainview; I know the mods already understand this.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I thought scully was a mod. Did she get demodded for dissing the great MCB?

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

scullyangel Posted:

Seriously. Wtf. For text???

http://www.forumwarz.com/profiles/was

Now banning really is a just because we feel like it thing? Are you joking?

Kaiser guy can fling out day after day of his “I love Kaisers” crap interrupting every god damn active thread. We get walls of blank line spam and then repeated empty quoting of blank line spam from someone who was made into a mod? And walls of browser lagging smiley spam every damn day. Not to mention the ****ty copypasta memes that slop themselves everywhere all the time.

Yeah, seriously, we are in need of a very ****ing specific set of rules and a little less ****y moderator head tripping.

i guess you have forgotten the other times theyve banned just because they feel like it, tho there has benn many instnces

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Big Brother Posted:

I thought scully was a mod. Did she get demodded for dissing the great MCB?

Couldn’t handle the load, I believe is what she said.

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Kilroy Posted:

Couldn’t handle the load, I believe is what she said.

Hay-o! Log in to see images!

Anyway this was for the obscure “no spamming sticky threads” thing right? The rule – and the way it was implemented – doesn’t seem so great to me. On the one hand it’s a shame to have a good sticky thread shat up with heavy spam, but on the other hand that’s how RP works.

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

Bigandtasty Posted:

Anyway this was for the obscure “no spamming sticky threads” thing right? The rule – and the way it was implemented – doesn’t seem so great to me. On the one hand it’s a shame to have a good sticky thread shat up with heavy spam, but on the other hand that’s how RP works.

It appears this time he was just spamming regular RP threads, from what I can see. Improper ban, in my humble opinion.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

CaptainDDL Posted:

It appears this time he was just spamming regular RP threads, from what I can see. Improper ban, in my humble opinion.

No he was not, he was spamming the sticky ones. The posts have been removed, that’s why you can’t find them.

was did purposely ban himself, but he sacrificed himself to expose the grave injustice that is a 2 month ban for gigerth, who 1) doubtfully knew the rule existed and, more importantly 2) was already messing around BEFORE the thread was stickied. Why do you people keep ignoring number 2? If you’re posting repeatedly in a certain thread, you’re not going to notice if it suddenly changes to a sticky. Just because he has a ban history doesn’t mean you should dish out excessive punishments when people aren’t breaking the rules on purpose, as most of us normally are.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

1337xxxlolololxxx1337 Posted:

was did purposely ban himself, but he sacrificed himself to expose the grave injustice that is a 2 month ban for gigerth, who 1) doubtfully knew the rule existed and, more importantly 2) was already messing around BEFORE the thread was stickied. Why do you people keep ignoring number 2? If you’re posting repeatedly in a certain thread, you’re not going to notice if it suddenly changes to a sticky. Just because he has a ban history doesn’t mean you should dish out excessive punishments when people aren’t breaking the rules on purpose, as most of us normally are.

this, i’ve had a friend that was posting a lot in some RP thread that got stickied, so he stopped, yet got banned for the other posts he left. that’s not fair, IMO. the thread was RP, he wasn’t breaking any rules before the sticky, and that sucks.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!