Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Fortunato Posted:

that’s part of it. I would also like to see a more accessible leaderboard, personally. But the scoops would never be perfectly even anyway; scoops are intended as a reward for playing well and ergo would reward better entries. Part of the reason you get such huge piles of choco is that your entries are also good.

Maybe I need to put up a graph to explain this better, but if a logarithmic function were used instead of the simple +2 to compute increases in buildr score, I don’t see how the leaderboard would stay out of reach. In the graph below, if we say the vertical axis is builr score and the horizontal axis is time, the orange curve is what we have now. What I’ve proposed, and what I think Bashy is talking about, is something closer to the blue curve. The red curve is there because I didn’t want to bother making my own graph. And the blue curve would have to be shifted to the left a bit.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!