Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Samildanach Posted:

Based on what I’ve seen in the posts, the complaint is that you at least have to make some effort to tailor other submissions to this week’s forum, whereas with forum suggestions, you can just slowly stockpile the ones that get good votes, and they’re just as applicable every week you submit them.

In other words, the Typical Post that got 40 upvotes on SPAM probably won’t work if you just resubmit for Childhood Trauma Forgettance… but if your Forum Idea gets 40 upvotes, you can resubmit, unchanged, next round, and probably get something in the same neighborhood. This allows you to build an increasing arsenal of forum suggestions to resubmit, tweaking them every week and weeding out losers, which you can’t really do (as successfully) with Angry Replies or Typical posts. Those you generally have to make up new every week, you can’t let a few months of “natural selection” to find your hundred best ideas and present those.

I guess those people don’t understand that you can stockpile submissions in any category and can resubmit them when a similar build comes up. I’ve had people tell me they do it, so it must happen some. In any case, I still don’t see why it matters if things are resubmitted. I mean, “build[ing] an increasing arsenal of forum suggestions to resubmit, tweaking them every week and weeding out losers” is a good way to improve your forum ideas and chances of winning. It’s better not to learn from past weeks’ mistakes, not improve your entries, and make yourself come up with new and increasingly obscure ideas every week so that you run out of topics and ideas? If you’re submitting topics or icons or whatever, the forum idea is there, provided for your inspiration. Forum ideas have to be thought of from scratch.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!