Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

As yet again, we end up with more submissions than we know what to do with. The current system is rife with abuse and buildr score simply raises the amount of abuse that can happen.

I’m not really saying I know how it needs to change but I know it needs to change.

some ideas:

-weighted voting by buildr score

i.e.: having a score over 5 gives you 2 votes for one, having a score over 10 gives you 3 votes and so on.

-limiting categories one can submit to by buildr score

i.e.: a score at 0 or below means you can only submit titles or angry replies, a score over 2 means you can submit another category, over 4 means you can submit 3 categories total. The last category to submit to should be forum ideas.

-if not limiting categories one can submit to by score, than increasing the cost to enter certain categories such as forum ideas and logos

they currently aren’t limited, which is why you end up with rampant abuse such as the last few weeks.

-limiting buildr score increases exponentially. By this I mean that as your score gets higher, it gets progressively more difficult for it to increase and easier for it to decrease. This would also be true in reverse that is it would be harder to decrease one’s score the lower it gets. This would be a big step toward limiting the number of submissions that can happen every week.

ANyway, we’re overloaded on subs these days because we suddenly have 150k users and buildr really isn’t designed for that many imo. thoughts?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!