Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

I’d just like to weigh in here. I actually think this thread is on its way to becoming quite constructive, so I’ll just say this:

I fully agree that there are a lot of submissions to look through, and we definitely need to play with the buildr score algorithm. It’s far too simplistic and permissive, with no foreseeable end in sight. It also throws Domination completely out of whack.

As with any site changes, we’ll have to approach with caution because it will affect some people negatively. But, short of setting a hard cap, it should become incrementally difficult to earn submission privileges as your score climbs. Reward the good posters, but don’t make it ridiculously easy to take the shotgun approach.

That said, let me add a word about Bashy, plk and other recent forumbuildr leaders: As an admin, I can see who’s posting what in forumbuildr apps. And while Bashy and plk post a hell of a lot of ideas in the hopes that one will win, they’re pretty much all gold — all of them. People have claimed they’re appealing to the “lowest common denominator,” but blame the LCD for voting them up. They’ve got plenty of more cerebral ideas too, they just don’t tend to do as well.

Gaming the system? Dunno about that. It’s a strategy, it’s legitimate, it works, and it’s resulted in great forums lately. Last year, people were complaining that there were too many avatars to choose from, and that became a competitive nightmare.

So while I agree we could stand to play with our numbers a bit, let’s not turn this into an ego war. Save that sweet, sweet venom for your Angry Replies.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!