Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

This probably isn’t the most productive way to address the situation.

Everything in this game comes down to the same problems over and over. The foundation of every system was set up for a very small player base. The base isn’t small anymore. Every game based area radically favors abuse of mechanics and time on the site. I do support rewarding long time players with the ability to optimize their play, after all if you can be a master out of the gate where is the incentive to play and improve? But, I don’t think that time advantage should allow players to position themselves in untouchable places. It is bad for the game. It alienates newer players and causes old players to leave in disgust. There is a difference between not being able to hack it and refusing to participate in something that has no merit. Withdrawal in disgust is not the same as apathy.

I don’t think it should be the player’s responsibility to police the system before the game designers. It is foolish to expect gamers not to game the system. However, anyone on site for a decent amount of time easily becomes aware of the strange gap that exists between the alpha gamers and the game designers. I do think that there is a certain responsibility that the site veterans should feel to point out obvious problems.

I don’t think there is any cheating going on from plk or Bashy, and I don’t care if they are gaming the system as the system allows for it. I spent a lot of time screaming about Dom and giving grief to certain players and it is just not the players fault. Of course there is a real problem with the way things are being done. No more so than they problems that have always gone on with underhanded klan voting. I was in an off site chat earlier today and a player openly asked for votes on something. It happens, it happens all the time. Gaming the system happens.

Why not just shelf the egos and the petty bickering? Lets try to figure out something rewarding, competitive and fun. I honestly don’t understand why people are interested in winning something that takes no strategy or skill and has no competition. Is masturbation really that much better than sex for everyone?

Is the interest here in improving the quality and fairness of Forumbuildr or simply that the virtually unlimited scoop potential has made buildr the only true power left in Dom? Would capping scoop producing submissions like limiting Dom alts help? Feel free to use all your submissions in whatever area you like, but only the first “x” will produce scoop rewards. I don’t know.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!