Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Bashy

Avatar: 97127 Tue Jan 06 09:47:16 -0500 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

platypus.

Fortunato Posted:

You’re still filling the system up with them and thus ending up with a greater proportion of overall votes. My essential point in making this thread is not to argue the quality of your submissions (several of them I’ve actually enjoyed writing for) but rather that inevitably, in a system where we are required to vote on 15 pages of submissions, it will largely end up being a matter of whoever can submit the most, as voting on 15 pages is a pretty big chore. But I suppose you would contest that too.

Dude. Do you read what you’re saying? You’re basically saying that I’m doing something unfair by submitting the forums that I’ve earned the right to be able to submit, through quality and effort. What the hell?

I can submit 20 submissions a week. You just said there are 15 pages already of entries still alive. Since a ton get -5’ed and then don’t show up, and it’s only the first 24 hours, you can plainly see that often over 300 forums get submitted every week. How do I have some unfair advantage? Do you think that I started out with a buildr score of 14 or something? Again, I earned the right to be able to submit this amount. There are nearly 50 other people with buildr scores higher than mine. Why aren’t you ****ing at them and their unfairness? Oh, right, because they’re either your friend, or they aren’t beating you.

As for your whole “oh my god I have to vote on 15 pages of entries,” no, you don’t, unless you’re some obsessive compulsive.

Look, if I lose at Dom Fave Flava because I can only beat forums up to a streak of 80 and other people have worked their way up to being able to go up to 88, I say, “Oh well, have to do better.” I don’t sit here whining and trying to find ways to try to kneecap anyone who’s doing better than I am.

Write better and better entries until they’re what the players like, and continually improve them and create new ones when you earn the right to submit them. You’ll win eventually. By your own merit, instead of whining everyone down to your level.

If you spent as much time writing good entries as you did whining, I guarantee you’d do better.

Bashy edited this message on 03/23/2009 9:58PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!