Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Jwred5 Posted:

I want to know what your exact definition of “leeching” is. If I use my 4 alts to help my main at their expense, I’m still putting quite a bit of effort into earning those scoops. Is that the “leeching” you are trying to prevent?

My definition of “leeching” is joining a raid without putting any effort into helping with it. The current system seems to promote this, as the only way to get klan vanilla that compares to soloing is to put your main into a raid and letting other people do all the work so that you can solo later.

I want to know, which is worse, one or two more weeks that klan vanilla could possibly be a bit over the top, in order to find the right balance. Or 5-10 weeks of minor tweaking to try to get to a point where klan vanilla is “perfect”, during which most likely all klans will give up on klan raiding and quit. The season is already screwed, the top is already all klan vanilla people. I say use the rest of the season to do what is necessary to fix the system as quickly as possible, rather than just putting minor tweak after minor tweak in fear of re-breaking the system.

No one character should be able to get hundreds of scoops more then any other character. Domination is meant to be a game of strategy. Should you get more scoops for putting in more effort? Yes. Thus why we’re trying to establish a balance between what you get from raiding vs soloing. Should the fact that you purchased an alt benefit your main? No (at least that’s our current policy). Forumwarz has always stood by the fact that you don’t need to pay to win.

What we are doing is moving the bar towards balance. I don’t understand what you’re trying to say. Either way we have limited programming time to work on this and the changes have been posted for months to avoid exactly what you’re talking about. These changes ARE the big push to balance Domination. I do feel as though we are close. One psychological decision around whether sacrificing alts for the benefit of a main is “justifiable”, limit alts being able to earn scoops in a raid and we’re done. Alts would get you raid scoops, you can leech all you want, then solo run. So a raider would get the benefit of raid scoops (132 [144 – 12 for the leech]) per raid at the expense of 4 useless alts and the extra time put into raiding. Well 132 seems a little high, but build first, balance second.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!