Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

1: HoG made a LEGITIMATE request to the server for a pbumword reset. He did not hack the site, he did not intentionally send it bad data, he simply used the form like any other person would.

Here’s where I disagree. Unless the email account was intentionally set up as a public use account for anyone to access, then HoG was ‘pretending’ to be Tubs in order to access the email account.

Now, if this particular email service really was designed so that it had virtually no security… then… frak, why the hell would you ever use the damn thing? That’s about as irresponsible as writing down all of you pbumwords and account numbers and taping it to the top of your laptop (which I’ve seen done, and I shudder at the memory).

However, even if you see a key in the lock, if it’s not your house, you have no business going in there. That’s Strike #1. Strike #2 was when HoG decide to ‘go for the lulz’ instead of simply reporting the security hole he found to ET & CZ.

I’m shocked that Tubs would have such an unsecure email account, for any purpose whatsoever. I wouldn’t keep my grocery list in a public access email.

Acid Flux edited this message on 02/01/2009 12:58AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!