Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Hummingbird_-
of_Doom

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Uh-huh, you’ve got a competitive Pokémon player right here. I haven’t really played on my cartridges for a long time since battle simulators (Netbattle and Shoddy) are much more convenient and you don’t have to go through the trouble of breeding for IVs, natures and egg moves and all that crap, nor do you have to spend time EV training (although with Pokérus and the Power items it doesn’t take longer than about 30 minutes) and obtaining all TMs required for the moveset.

I’m actually a strategy moderator at a certain Pokémon forum, (and just in case anyone gets any ideas like that, no, it’s not Serebii – words cannot describe how much I loathe that place.) but I’m not nearly as good as I used to be, and to be honest, I always prefered the 3rd generation metagame to the 4th generation one simple because back then, walls not named Skarmory or Blissey could actually do their job, but now that we have insanely powerful sweepers with Life Orb boost, even highly defensive Pokémon easily get two-hit KOed which really sucks because it’s technically turned 4th generation into a who-can-set-up-a-sweep-faster-competition.

As for my favorite Pokémon, ‘tis a bit hard to say. In terms of battle, I’ve learned that Regirock (at least coupled with Hippowdown and/or Tyranitar to provide a 1.5x Sp.Defense boost from Sandstream) is a total beast. With Sandstream support and a couple of Curses under its belt, anything not named Skarmory can’t switch in on it safely and unless that Pokémon is a Choice Specs Starmie or maybe Abomasnow, it won’t be a real threat to Regirock either. My overall favorite (when taking into account both battling capabilities and design) would have to be Dunsparce. Body Slam + Rock Slide Serene Grace hax is always fun and with some HP and Defense EV investments that beast can take a Swords Dance boosted Garchomp’s Earthquake and throw it right back at it with Counter. Very useful indeed, and Dunsparce is cute to boot.

Hummingbird_of_Doom edited this message on 03/15/2008 2:03PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!