Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Who else here plays pokemon?

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

The **** of the Trollhole

And is man enough to admit it?

I’ve been working on battle tower. I’ve got a decent team, but I need practice or something ‘cause I keep getting my bum kicked somewhere in the 22-28 wins range.

Snott

[Board of Directors]

Level 17 Troll

ICE VOMIT

Yep.

The Battle Tower is less about using anything fun or interesting and more about just using stupid brute force. It’s more efficient to just grind the first 21 fights for credit, so I haven’t *really* taken a serious stab at it. Once you hit the middle levels, it’s just a mess of legendaries, double teaming, and auto-hit one-hit-KOs. Not particularly fun.

Hulyen

[Team Shortbus]

Level 18 Camwhore

Literate Dork

I do. For some reason I’ve picked up my copy of Diamond again and am now trying to figure out what the hell I was in the middle of when I stopped playing.

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

Snott Posted:

Yep.

The Battle Tower is less about using anything fun or interesting and more about just using stupid brute force. It’s more efficient to just grind the first 21 fights for credit, so I haven’t *really* taken a serious stab at it. Once you hit the middle levels, it’s just a mess of legendaries, double teaming, and auto-hit one-hit-KOs. Not particularly fun.

yeah, it does get kinda cheap. But it’s the last big challenge, and with a bit of ev training I’ve gotten my team to the point where it will outspeed most. Starmie can be a real killer against anything except the two types it’s weak to. Most of my losses have come from stupid switches.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

Starfang_42 Posted:

And is fabulous person enough to admit it?

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

I used to, before the capitalists got hold of it!

No srsly i was like 12 and stopped playing when i couldn’t remember the names of them.

Spartapie

[naga stole my bike]

Level 4 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

Rly, u all r full of AIDS

TEH AIDS U HAS DEM Log in to see images!

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

trollhole->that-a-way, guys.

Anyways, what’s your fave pokemon? mine’s been ninetails for a while now. Not because it’s particularly strong or special, but more because it’s based on the kitsune.

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

It’s the perfect timewaster – you can play it anywhere and it has basically infinite lastability.

As of this writing I have seven Lv. 100’s, I think. My favorites of them are Milotic, Latios and Salamence.

Snott

[Board of Directors]

Level 17 Troll

ICE VOMIT

Eh… favorite for Gameplay is probably Blissey. Chansey was one of my first level 100’s back in Red/Blue, and it was one of the first I remade when the new gen hit. It’s a shame that ****ing everyone uses the thing, though… Used to get a “Weird, you’re using Chansey?” and now I get a “****, another Blissey?”

At least I use a weird-ish moveset.

Favorite for favoritism’s sake is Psyduck. Gotta love Psyduck.

Hulyen

[Team Shortbus]

Level 18 Camwhore

Literate Dork

Articuno all the way!

I’ve never been to seriously into the games…I know what EV training is but can’t be bothered to do it. I only trade with people online because I like to hoarde cute things. XD

Thomasmo

Level 16 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Ahhh… Pokemon good times good times. Haven’t played it for ages though.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Um, I played Pokemon Snap. That was about it.

Hummingbird_-
of_Doom

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Uh-huh, you’ve got a competitive Pokémon player right here. I haven’t really played on my cartridges for a long time since battle simulators (Netbattle and Shoddy) are much more convenient and you don’t have to go through the trouble of breeding for IVs, natures and egg moves and all that crap, nor do you have to spend time EV training (although with Pokérus and the Power items it doesn’t take longer than about 30 minutes) and obtaining all TMs required for the moveset.

I’m actually a strategy moderator at a certain Pokémon forum, (and just in case anyone gets any ideas like that, no, it’s not Serebii – words cannot describe how much I loathe that place.) but I’m not nearly as good as I used to be, and to be honest, I always prefered the 3rd generation metagame to the 4th generation one simple because back then, walls not named Skarmory or Blissey could actually do their job, but now that we have insanely powerful sweepers with Life Orb boost, even highly defensive Pokémon easily get two-hit KOed which really sucks because it’s technically turned 4th generation into a who-can-set-up-a-sweep-faster-competition.

As for my favorite Pokémon, ‘tis a bit hard to say. In terms of battle, I’ve learned that Regirock (at least coupled with Hippowdown and/or Tyranitar to provide a 1.5x Sp.Defense boost from Sandstream) is a total beast. With Sandstream support and a couple of Curses under its belt, anything not named Skarmory can’t switch in on it safely and unless that Pokémon is a Choice Specs Starmie or maybe Abomasnow, it won’t be a real threat to Regirock either. My overall favorite (when taking into account both battling capabilities and design) would have to be Dunsparce. Body Slam + Rock Slide Serene Grace hax is always fun and with some HP and Defense EV investments that beast can take a Swords Dance boosted Garchomp’s Earthquake and throw it right back at it with Counter. Very useful indeed, and Dunsparce is cute to boot.

Hummingbird_of_Doom edited this message on 03/15/2008 2:03PM

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

Yeah, I never really got into the competitive scene. I’ve never had a real knack for prediction and I always seem to switch in at exactly the wrong time. Maybe once I can get to the second tower tycoon battle…

NoiseLess

Level 2 Camwhore

“Like a Virgin”

Noobs still playing pokemon… lol

NoiseLess edited this message on 03/15/2008 5:10PM

Hummingbird_-
of_Doom

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Starfang_42 Posted:

Yeah, I never really got into the competitive scene. I’ve never had a real knack for prediction and I always seem to switch in at exactly the wrong time. Maybe once I can get to the second tower tycoon battle…

I know from experience how frustrating it is when you’re starting out in competitive battling. Prediction is something that comes with experience and the only way to learn how to predict your opponent’s moves is to get your bum handed to you on a silver plate until you learn how people usually react to certain things. When dealing with more advanced players, you also have to take into account counter predicting and predicting counter predicting which is a bit more complicated and usually involves a bit of luck as well. I’m fairly good at prediction, but I still make mistakes that occasionally end up losing me the game and I’ve been battling competitively for nearly 3 years now. Log in to see images!

NoiseLess Posted:

Only real men are manly enough to admit playing Pokémon. Besides, the best trolls I’ve ever seen happen to reside on a certain Pokémon forum so gtfo, camwhore. >: Go lurk on Smogon, then say Pokémon is for noobs. Or even better, join the site (something I’ve never dared to do) and get the crap flamed out of you, kthxbye.

Pokémon is a pure strategy game disguised under a cute mask of furry critters. AI opponents aren’t really that great, but playing against a real human player can be really fun, especially when you’re playing mindgames with your opponent. Pokémon is all about creating a balanced lineup and predicting your opponent’s moves. Without proper strategy, you won’t get far against good players and you constantly have to adapt your playing depending on your opponent’s battling style. Behind that simple concept lies a whole world of complicated mathematical formulas that you need to use to your advantage if you intend to get anywhere. Once you’ve learned everything about IVs, EVs, natures, completely understand the damage calculations, how the move Hidden Power works and understand the concept of IV breeding, then you have the right to think whatever you want about Pokémon.

Hummingbird_-
of_Doom

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Starfang_42 Posted:

I know from experience how frustrating it is when you’re starting out in competitive battling. Prediction is something that comes with experience and the only way to learn how to predict your opponent’s moves is to get your bum handed to you on a silver plate until you learn how people usually react to certain things. When dealing with more advanced players, you also have to take into account counter predicting and predicting counter predicting which is a bit more complicated and usually involves a bit of luck as well. I’m fairly good at prediction, but I still make mistakes that occasionally end up losing me the game and I’ve been battling competitively for nearly 3 years now. Log in to see images!

NoiseLess Posted:

Only real men are manly enough to admit playing Pokémon. Besides, the best trolls I’ve ever seen happen to reside on a certain Pokémon forum so gtfo, camwhore. >: Go lurk on Smogon, then say Pokémon is for noobs. Or even better, join the site (something I’ve never dared to do) and get the crap flamed out of you, kthxbye.

Pokémon is a pure strategy game disguised under a cute mask of furry critters. AI opponents aren’t really that great, but playing against a real human player can be really fun, especially when you’re playing mindgames with your opponent. Pokémon is all about creating a balanced lineup and predicting your opponent’s moves. Without proper strategy, you won’t get far against good players and you constantly have to adapt your playing depending on your opponent’s battling style. Behind that simple concept lies a whole world of complicated mathematical formulas that you need to use to your advantage if you intend to get anywhere. Once you’ve learned everything about IVs, EVs, natures, completely understand the damage calculations, how the move Hidden Power works and understand the concept of IV breeding, then you have the right to think whatever you want about Pokémon.

Hummingbird_-
of_Doom

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Starfang_42 Posted:

NoiseLess Posted:

Hummingbird_-
of_Doom

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Starfang_42 Posted:

NoiseLess Posted:

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!