Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Deific Blunder Posted:

I agree with what you are saying here completely, but how does this collaborate to your argument to “skip over” the peens for these leaderboards, which may or may not, ever exist? I don’t see how they would impact the situation of slow burn xfers. That’s where you are losing me. The two points are mutually exclusive.

How does it all fit in together for gaming the boards? Well, let me set up my five hundred auctions for a partner to buy out. Tomorrow they can set theirs up. I will go ahead and buy those with a different alt to get that flezz shifted and we can do that back and forth until all our flezz is where we want it. Then we can simply keep buying each other’s crap until everyone else is sick of buying/selling as much as we do everyday. These things are all interlinked and destined to cause server lag and auction house clogging.

I know you play WoW. There is no way you are unaware of how any system where characters can interact works.

So why does manipulating a leader board have anything to do with earning flezz? No one capable of utterly gaming this system needs to “grind for equipment.” In case anyone out there missed it, that was Episode 1 – we are good to go now. I can earn 200k a day when I bother and I am not maximizing my profits. I picked up 4.5 million today auctioning crap and buying people’s underpriced “oh god there is a leaderboard!” stuff. (You all should keep listing things for a buy out of 1/10 of what they sell for, those auctions are awesome! Log in to see images! )

Flezz gathering is so utterly meaningless when compared to the recent “uncheat” it’s silly to even talk about it. It is now possible to “Game Dolphin” your way to level cap re-re and then uncheat. This is a serious shift in game play and time investment when compared to giving a buddy enough flezz to get the file he wants.

So with the new uncheat a player can buy their way up to level 35, but it’s the fact that they might get to skip grinding for a whole week (omg! horror) to have a base of their best available clbum equipment that is bugging you? Again, this is really a matter of perspective. We are not dealing with a finite supply – people will keep earning .moar files. Pandora’s box is open, it is too late. Two weeks from now flezz transfer will mean absolutely nothing beyond gaming a leader board or helping a friend/klannie get the gear they need.

Downside, what little was left of leaderboard integrity is shot to hell. Upside – there is actually more of an incentive to function socially within a klan environment. I guess I’ve just been thinking about it since SG posted her link and all I can really think is – why on earth should it be a bad thing for klannies to help each other? *Someone* had to take the time to earn the flezz. The effort has been put in. Again, it all comes down to gaming a leader board. That is where the bad kicks in, so why not just kill the problem?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!