Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help About the New Leaderboards, and Suggestion

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

So, does anyone know if there will be peens to go along with them, or if it’ll be like the longest e-peen and be a peen-less leaderboard?

I really don’t think there should be. It’s too easy to cheat your way to the top by having a friend put, for example, 5,000 flip flops on, someone else buys them all, turns around and sells them again, etc.

Plus, this isn’t what that auction house is for anyway.

I suggest a limit on the number of auctions you can run at any given time, possibly something like 10, to prevent clutter and abuse of the system.

Shii edited this message on 01/16/2009 9:29PM

The Biscuit -
Kid

Avatar: 97122 Wed Jan 28 02:18:59 -0500 2009

Level 35 Troll

Raping The Gingerbread Man since 1992.

I agree.

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

Shii Posted:

So, does anyone know if there will be peens to go along with them, or if it’ll be like the longest e-peen and be a peen-less leaderboard?

I really don’t think there should be. It’s too easy to cheat your way to the top by having a friend put, for example, 5,000 flip flops on, someone else buys them all, turns around and sells them again, etc.

Plus, this isn’t what that auction house is for anyway.

I suggest a limit on the number of auctions you can run at any given time, possibly something like 10, to prevent clutter and abuse of the system.

I find it extremely annoying that all night you were attempting to do just that by buying Johnny Macs flip-flops in hopes of an e-peen as you stated multiple times, but flew off the handle when you discovered that buyout didn’t work as you had hoped and didn’t get them. Now suddenly you think it’s cheating?

Deific Blunder edited this message on 01/17/2009 1:05AM

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Deific Blunder Posted:

I find it extremely annoying that all night you were attempting to do just that by buying Johnny Macs flip-flops in hopes of an e-peen as you stated multiple times, but flew off the handle when you discovered that buyout didn’t work as you had hoped and didn’t get them. Now suddenly you think it’s cheating?

Well, cheating might be the wrong word. Exploiting. However, upon my futile attempt at it, I stepped back and looked at the auction house and at the pages of crap, and realized how poorly it was being executed.

You’re completely in line with calling me on that, but honestly, the auction house peens would be more competitive, meaningful, and worthwhile if there was a limit on the number of auctions. Who wants to look through an auction house that’s only purpose is to generate e-peens for people?

Cuz right now, that’s basically how it’s being run. 99/100 items for the most part are useless junk being bought/sold for the pure buy/sell count, and I’d wager that wasn’t what Trout wanted the place to be used for.

And like I said earlier, I wasn’t upset with you, I was frustrated for wasting an hour of my time for absolutely no effect whatsoever. On a Friday, no less.

I think the limit would increase the number of genuine, worthwhile items being sold compared to number of junk crap being sold for the count.

Shii edited this message on 01/17/2009 1:10AM

Pavilion

Avatar: 74903 2011-07-31 00:19:12 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

I thought of Items Auctioned as the number of different items auctioned rather than how many auctions you had.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Pavilion Posted:

I thought of Items Auctioned as the number of different items auctioned rather than how many auctions you had.

It was how many items you had sold.

Judge-Bot 30-

Avatar: 65677 Wed Oct 15 23:22:21 -0400 2008

[Troll Ambulance Mu-
fasa
]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

If it’s unlimited, it’s exploitable.

If it’s limited, it’s another forums pwned type leaderboard where 1 person just needs to submit the max and have someone else buy them. Nobody can top it as long as the person keeps submitting.

If there’s no peen bumociated with it, there’s no issue.

imo option 3 is the best

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I completely agree, but I heard Trout had confirmed it somewhere that there would be peens.

But yes, I think if there was no peen, it would solve the whole thing.

Czarnian bum-
bumin

Avatar: 43648 Fri Dec 05 19:45:05 -0500 2008

[Bigguyinblack Fan -
Club
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

"He who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it."

Hilarious.

If you currently had 100+ Auctions Won, would you still be saying this? Because IIRC, you were trying to snap up those Flip-Flops along with everyone else.

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Judge-Bot 3000 Posted:

If it’s unlimited, it’s exploitable.

If it’s limited, it’s another forums pwned type leaderboard where 1 person just needs to submit the max and have someone else buy them. Nobody can top it as long as the person keeps submitting.

If there’s no peen bumociated with it, there’s no issue.

imo option 3 is the best

very true, removing the competition from this aspect of the game is the best call

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

As I replied to Deific Blunder, after seeing how ridiculous the Auction house got quickly, and after wasting an hour of my Friday futilely, I stepped back and looked at it, and 99/100 items were completely useless crap bought only for the purpose of increasing buy/sell count.

This isn’t the purpose Evil Trout created the auction house for. It doesn’t make sense to offer a reward for spamming up the house, and it got so crazy out-of-hand so fast.

So yes, I gave the new peen a try, but after looking at it, it’s just not how the house should be working. Right now the only purpose is basically a spam-ground for people to try to get a peen with.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

On a happy note, just got 200,000 Flezz from my items that sold.

Deific Blund-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

It won’t have any effect on how the action house is run whatsoever. People can use it for both purposes while neither helping or hindering the other cause. The real big issue of the AH(Auction House) is loading up people with flezz who are low level or just friends, not selling copious amounts of items, which is exactly what you want because traffic through the AH is removing flezz from circulation through listing fees.

Deific Blund-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Shii Posted:

Right now the only purpose is basically a spam-ground for people to try to get a peen with.

There are numerous items on there that are extremely hard to get otherwise, not even including the headset/custom peen. Things are selling, people are profiting, others are receiving equipment they just couldn’t get their hands on, it’s removing flezz from circulation. If someone buys up a crapload of flip-flops and lists them, bumuming with frugality they paid, oh, 8-9 flezz each, they are still losing 9-10 flezz per flip-flop. Nothing is being abused there.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

How many of those auctions did you win tonight, DF?

Deific Blund-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Personally, and I have no problem saying it, close to 500 if not surpbuming that. I’m sure I’m going to hate having done it forever if not for the simple reason that there are hundreds of tubmails with attachments in my box with no way to mbum “detach” or mbum delete. I spent a good 45 minutes doing so and didn’t even dent them.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Deific Blunder Posted:

Personally, and I have no problem saying it, close to 500 if not surpbuming that. I’m sure I’m going to hate having done it forever if not for the simple reason that there are hundreds of tubmails with attachments in my box with no way to mbum “detach” or mbum delete. I spent a good 45 minutes doing so and didn’t even dent them.

Heh, nice.

Look at it this way, if there is a Peen, and you win it, you can turn around and start selling those Flip-Flops to chase the other Peen.

Deific Blund-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

The Biscuit Kid Posted:

I agree.

And while you sit there and say, “I agree.” You abuse the AH in the worst manner possible: http://forumwarz.com/auctions/show/3177

Exactly the thing ET said he would crack down on if he caught people doing it. That is what is abusing the AH looks like and you can rest bumured that they will remove your Flezz peen if that’s what you’re shooting for or you may quite possible catch a swift ban.

Deific Blund-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Acid Flux Posted:

Heh, nice.

Look at it this way, if there is a Peen, and you win it, you can turn around and start selling those Flip-Flops to chase the other Peen.

I plan on it, then I won’t ever need to chase those peens again, and other people will and more flezz will get pulled out of circulation. I have other things I have been bidding on. Notorious B.I.G, ****.milf, building a frugality set, patching up my CHR set. The AH is getting used. It’s not just a haberdash of flip-flops and andy male reproductive organs. Log in to see images!

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I think the epeens won’t be rewarded until they sort out the problems with them. For now from my observation they have not been added yet.

http://www.forumwarz.com/leaderboard/epeen/152

http://www.forumwarz.com/leaderboard/epeen/153

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!