Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Lactose the -
Intolerant

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

wickedwitch23 Posted:

Point Apple: I cannot take the practices of Discordianism seriously and/or/counter-contrariwise literally, but I also think anyone who does has completely missed the point.

Pointy Bong: I do take the importance and usefulness of Sacred Lies and Sacred Laughter seriously, and think it’s what makes Discordianism ring True-ish for many, even after they get past the novelty of it being totally halarious.

Pointed Chaos: Ask thineself thus: Which is the “real” Discordian… the one who shuns the hotdog bun? Or the one who says, “The Goddess says ‘no can haz’ on the hotdog bun… Screw that!” and shoves the forbidden bread into his happy mouth? Verily, make certain to answer thineself after asking.

Point at the Disco!: ILLUMINATUS! is one of the most holy texts I’ve ever read, for me, because it is deeply True, though not completely factual.

Points on Eris: I’m not actually a Discordian, anyway… so don’t trust what I say. Also, don’t trust me if I say, “This *should* work…” or if I ask to borrow a piece of chalk. Also, don’t trust anyone who does claim to be an actual Discordian. Or anyone else. If you think you’re in danger of trusting someone, consult one gland or another… the pineal is just as good as most of the rest.

Past the apple orchard, then turn left at the FNORD: As for explaining Discordianism to others, I tend to focus on the importance of Sacred Lies as a means of leading one toward Truth without just handing it over to them. Of course, I give them just enough to make them want more, if they’re ready to want more. It wouldn’t make much sense at that point to start handing out all the answers, and I hate to have guests stay too long, anyhow.

The idea of Sacred Lies is pretty important concept for me as well. I always saw it in stages:

1) This stuff is really serious, I had better study it.

2) This stuff is a load of dingo’s kidneys, I got ripped off.

3) This stuff is a load of dingo’s kidneys, but then again, so is everything else.

4) This makes just as much sense as the others, so what the hell.

5) This is more fun than sitting in a dusty church somewhere and being lectured by smarmy guys in good suits.

If you want an inspiring perspective on Sacred Lies, check out “Cat’s Cradle” by Vonnegut. Bokonon is a Discordian saint for a damn good reason.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!