Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Czarnian bumbumin Posted:

SimplytheWORST idea, ever.

OH LAUD, IZZAT SOME TROLLAN IN GD?

If you really want a specific name here, then how about bribing the current name owner with BP? If it’s important enough to you, then you’ll be willing to cough up the BPs.

Ok, great. Now explain to me how you bribe a level 1 re-re who signed up a year ago and never actually pwned a forum.

Or, just add an extra letter or number to your coveted name. Seriously.

Yea, because “Longcats” and “Stacgnol” do a REALLY good job. Both players have been inactive for over 8 months, and I don’t think that anybody here would argue that they are either likely to come back. Why should they be denying those names to players who are most likely going to actually use them?

The way I see it, people are trying to nitpick at implementation specifics instead of looking at the general idea.

What if the activity cutoff was six months? What if inactivity protection was free to anybody who bought and/or used BP? There are a variety of ways to do it that wouldn’t be susceptible to abuse and would be HIGHLY unlikely to affect people who deserve their names.

So, can anybody voice objection to the general idea of making it so that people can take names from accounts that are unlikely to ever return to activity?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!