Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

i ran some numbers for myself for my no upgrade point challenge (see my other thread), and i thought i’d share (link below).

first i wanted to know how many pieces i would need to complete pink floyd, bumuming drops are random (important).

well, for the first piece i’d obviously need exactly one piece.

for the second, i would have a 49/50 chance of a new piece dropping, and i’d expect (on average) to take 50/49 or 1.02 drops.

for the third, 50/48, and so on til the last piece which has a 1/50 chance to drop and would take 50 pieces.

adding those numbers i arrive at an expected total of 225 pieces.

on sheet 1 you can see how many pieces you need to collect (column B) to get (column A) different pieces of pink floyd.

turns out that if you have 45/50 pieces, you’re only half way there.

on sheet two you can find the expected numbers of drops (column B) you need to collect files of other sizes (column A).

edit: note that these are “expected values”, which means that on average, you will need as many files as my sheets show.

nevertheless, you can be lucky and need much less, or be unlucky and need much more.

anyway, here’s the link.

UPGRADE POINTS ARE FOR FAGS edited this message on 01/01/2009 5:53PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!