Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Trolling aside, our operating costs from a technical standpoint aren’t that high. You guys can price the servers yourself (although we have things like a second disk drive, extra ram, 8 cores).

In that blog post of why Forumwarz costs money, I said we have enough to keep the site running for a while. Nobody is going to pull the plug on Forumwarz any time soon, we have enough in the bank to keep the servers running for a while. That’s cool.

However, we like updating the game!

To create new content, and constantly add new features like we do takes a lot of human time. Those humans need to eat and pay rent and stuff, and that’s where the biggest costs come in now.

I’m the only full time employee, and right now I get paid much less than I would at a regular programming job. When you factor even a small human salary into your calculations, you have to sell thousands of copies of Episode 2 to break even. That’s the big thing you’re missing.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!