Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Joreal Conne-
rs

Avatar: 74888 Tue Oct 28 15:23:49 -0400 2008

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Uh.

I actually… uh…

like some of the changes.

Yeah, I’m as surprised as you all. I thought it sucked at first too, but then I remembered how bored I was with going in, curb stomping everything in my path, then switching over to my Camwhore for an actual challenge.

Sure, there are certain problems right now that I can agree with others’ stances on. Example: avtr. 10PP for a 100-110 dmg hit? Even at 1 refresh, it’s easily replaceable with bg2. The downside to this is not that it created more of a challenge, but that it’s a late-game HAXX ability and should pack a bit more of a punch for what it’s doing to measure out the cost/worth. avtr went straight past Nerf and into waterguns.

It was great in the past, but to people that are working their way up it’s become a punch in the nuts. Imagine seeing avtr’s description from the perspective of someone that hasn’t spent Upgrade Points on it yet with bg2. That’s 7 less BP. That’s an ipz hit AND bg2 for the cost of an avtr. Chances are that when avtr is being used, it’s because they don’t have anything else to fall back on. Punch in 40 more damage and maybe bring the PP cost to 8 and I could see avtr as being feasible. Hell, even 30 more damage and 8 PP would work from here.

My real problem is that my only other character is my Camwhore alt and she’s half my current level. I can’t make a real comparison without another character of similar or equal level to work from, though from what I’m hearing we were being brought down to even the playing field somehow. It looks like you guys went to where you wanted, went straight past the goal line and into the parking lot. I’m not trying to get personal, but having this much trouble on the Great Firewall of China is just sad. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!