Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me FIX HACKERS NAO - A NOOBS PETITION

Arbiter

Avatar: 77516 Fri Nov 14 12:15:05 -0500 2008

Level 41 Hacker

Simply, greatest hacker evar.

omgwtfbbq with 135 offense my max damage is 1800 and our best attacks damage is 200-210 -.- srsly someone needs to learn stuffs to fix gaems

also, did all possible things to get trouts attention

edit: where caps?

Arbiter edited this message on 11/28/2008 2:49PM

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

request move general rp also ban op

Arbiter

Level 41 Hacker

request ban all trolls -.-

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Arbiter Posted:

request ban all trolls -.-

Caps in GD is considered trolling. If you want a srs answer ask a srs question srsli.

Hackers are fine.

Arbiter

Level 41 Hacker

no srsli hacker no is fien, our previous best attack got changed to damage 100-110 that cost 10 PP, where troll have tank and has 350 hit 3 refresh and camwhore have 300 hit 1 refresh low sexy cost -.-

after second nerf with my stats i can no longer pwn great firewall, zombie armageddon i always fail halfway through wtf -.-

Arbiter edited this message on 11/28/2008 2:51PM

greggcarson

Level 41 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

political flambait is only a 1 refresh now, i bumume thats the troll attack you were refering to.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Arbiter Posted:

no srsli hacker no is fien, our previous best attack got changed to damage 100-110 that cost 10 PP, where troll have tank and has 350 hit 3 refresh and camwhore have 300 hit 1 refresh low sexy cost -.-

after second nerf with my stats i can no longer pwn great firewall, zombie armageddon i always fail halfway through wtf -.-

In case you haven’t noticed, camwhores were majorly nerfed as well.

Captain Trek

Avatar: 74212 Thu Nov 20 21:40:04 -0500 2008

[The Original fabulous personies]

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

Big Brother Posted:

In case you haven’t noticed, camwhores were majorly nerfed as well.

In case you hadn’t noticed, Camwhores still get two attacks as strong or stronger than ipz and another stronger than all of our attacks except for ipz each with 1 refresh…

Captain Trek edited this message on 11/28/2008 10:08PM

I R TEH BEST-
EST

Avatar: 79066 Sat Nov 22 19:24:44 -0500 2008

[pizza party]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

I mostly wonder how we are to pwn any forums that are over 33 in difficulty once Episode 3 comes around. As it stands 300 damage from the forum makes Dykea and Second Wife nearly impossible for myself. Emos are almost as powerful as Camwhores now again, Political Flamebait being brought down to a 1 refresh really makes Trolls far better but Hackers have such limited Processing Power and most of the time you are using 100 attack power abilities because of the insane refresh rates. They do however get the best equipment for what it is worth and can reasonably have both Attack and Defense over 100 if you get some good .moar files. They have definitely shot down to the weakest late game clbum next to Permanoobs.

However balancing isn’t a mbumive issue since there are limited competitive aspects that involve having really powerful characters. You don’t need to be powerful to get 3 lemon scoops for pwning Denture Chat and we don’t have any way to fight each other yet so having a somewhat weaker clbum makes for some varied gameplay.

Frozen Spear

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

ugh the new harder to pwn forums suck for a hacker. It used to be I could take a thread down in one or two attacks but now I’m getting stung by the painfully slow recharge rates of my skills.

were do I sign?

Physics

Avatar: 83756 2009-10-01 09:57:31 -0400

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 69 Hacker

Making laws and snuggling dark matter.

Quoth Teh Wiki

* Seeing as you cannot upgrade Processing Power, you should make sure to Flezz grind every once in a while to get new Hardware. Get a graphics card before taking on level 5-6 forums, and just upgrade from there.

* Hackers have some of the weakest attacks in the game, barring Permanoobs and Re-Res. Make sure to keep up with this with Hardware, .moar files, and buffing your Offense stat.

* As far as secondary stats go, focus on Frugality in the beginning, but as the game goes on, make sure to get Upkeep to at least 7 so your equipment doesn’t degrade. You have the most equipment of any clbum in the game; repairs are a ****.

Sneezeloaf

[The Protected]

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

Physics Posted:

Quoth Teh Wiki

Yeah, and the newly harder forums are fine for Trolls, Camwhores, and Emo Kids, who all have an attack more powerful than ipz, and they all have a refresh of 1!

I agree, hackers need a buff to compensate for this.

Sneezeloaf edited this message on 11/30/2008 2:32PM

HazzaB

[Bonkenhi Boards VI]

Level 31 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

I used to be able to pwn the hard threads 2-3 above my level.

Now I have trouble doing the ones at my level!

We get nerfed a while ago, and I was like “wtf, at least our strong attacks aren’t super bad”

THEN you reduce the 300 damage attack to 210! All the other clbumes have 300 attack ones, and we have to refresh 6 for ours, they refresh 1!!!

This is just unfair. Buff us up Now!

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

HazzaB Posted:

All the other clbumes have 300 attack ones, and we have to refresh 6 for ours, they refresh 1!!!

Bull****. The best camwhore attack is 225. Tell me, what are your stats?

Here, let me post mine:

Ego: 160

Sexiness: 1035

Offense: 92

Defense: 40

Luck: 47

Frugality: 11

Charisma: 58

Upkeep: 2

I maxed luck, put a few points into frugality, a few into Ego, and ONE into upkeep. EVERYTHING else went into offense. The other stats are the results of my eq and .moar files – which were themselves chosen solely based on how much they buffed my offense stat. (Srsly, +1k sexiness from just Ep2 eq? Isn’t that around twice as much as could be considered reasonable?)

If I had chosen to completely forgo everything else, I might be able to get my offense up to about 100. Meanwhile, our friend Arbiter over here is level 32 and has an offense of 135. How about the rest of you? What are your respective stats? How much ego do you have? Defense? Offense?

Did you grab a pair of Earbleeders when they were in the store? That’s +25 cha, +18 off, and +12 def without giving up one of your clbum-equipment slots.

Do you want to know how much I hit for when I use my best attack? 1800. Do you know what would happen if I went on a SW run with this spec? I’d get one hit off and die.

If I respeced so that I’d be balanced enough to survive, my damage would be closer to 900 with my best attack, and 800 with my second best attack. In practical terms, you do your damage in a few MUCH more powerful strikes while I do more but weaker strikes. Before you complain about your refreshes, though, keep in mind that your high cooldowns leave you with plenty of rounds where you can restore ego or PP without bringing down your average DOT, while I have absolutely no choice but to sacrifice damage if I need to heal.

You don’t need much PP since you can drop a weak ability out of your attack cycle for a PP restore with only a nominal loss in your average DOT. You don’t need as much Ego since you can do the same damn thing with Ego restores.

You **** and whine about how other clbumes have a so-called advantage over your own while choosing to deliberately overlook the advantage your own clbum gives you. Now, you can either quit your BAAAWWWWing and talk things out like sensible people, or you can take this thread and shove it right down your epeen.

ET won’t have any valid data about the recent balance changes and the forum-inspired respeccing for at least 11 days – 4 for Haxl to finish ticking over for everybody, and then at least a week for the sample set to be flushed and rebuilt to a reasonable level. You’re free to discuss things until then, but keep it civil and deadpan until then. The whining and rage is both pointless and unwelcome.

This applies to everybody in all clbumes, by the way. Go ahead and talk about the balance issues, but don’t be a bloody santorum licker over it.

[color=white]I refuse to admit to any hypocrisy![/color]

A Broken Box

[Bonkenhi Boards VI]

Level 22 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Bull****. The best camwhore attack is 225. Tell me, what are your stats?

Here, let me post mine:

Ego: 160

Sexiness: 1035

Offense: 92

Defense: 40

Luck: 47

Frugality: 11

Charisma: 58

Upkeep: 2

Olololol I R Teh Nub.

Ego: 7700

Proc. Power: 300

Offense: 42

Defense: 22

Luck: 1

Frugality: 10

Charisma: 10

Upkeep: 1

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

A Broken Box Posted:

Olololol I R Teh Nub.

Ego: 7700

Proc. Power: 300

Offense: 42

Defense: 22

Luck: 1

Frugality: 10

Charisma: 10

Upkeep: 1

7700 Ego means you put 88 of your 110 upgrade points into Ego, leaving you with 12 points to play with.

I can actually make a fair guess as to what equipment you have.

Your luck is only 1, so you clearly have no Beast0r cables equipped

You have 300 PP, but since you don’t have a Beast0rs I doubt you have any WetGears either. With PP boosting .moar files being as rare as they are, that makes your most likely loadout four nVulva 6000RXs. That would give you +24 offense, bringing your ‘base’ offense down to 18.

A frugality of exactly 10 is highly unlikely to result from .moar files, so I’d expect that’s where most of your 12 remaining points went.

Of course, there are other possible loadouts. You could have gotten lucky with .moar files and grabbed two wetgears, a 10TB, and an nVulva. Or you might have two WetGear, two 10TBs, and a Prosthetic Finger. It doesn’t really matter, the point is that your equipment isn’t even close to ideal.

The short version is that you are level 22, have intentionally sabotaged your own stats to reduce your normal offense, and have suboptimal gear. Comparing your stats to a level 35 camwhore with optimal gear, a decent boost from .moar files, and a singular focus for offense is meaningless.

Or, rather, the fact that you are actually trying to compare a level 22 hacker to a level 35 camwhore is telling in and of itself.

Judge-Bot 30-

Avatar: 65677 Wed Oct 15 23:22:21 -0400 2008

[Troll Ambulance Mu-
fasa
]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

I believe I can provide a more balanced perspective.

Ego 625

Processing 225

Offense 146

Defense 76

Luck 59

Frugality 4

Charisma 37

Upkeep 1

Gear: Memoirs of a Hacker Hero, Versnatche Earbleeders, 4x Beastz0r, bumorted .moar files

Went to firewall. Lost on last thread after restoring PP twice with caffinated mints. No healing. I shouldn’t have to buy consumables AND pay for the repairs to everything if I’m going to be raped up the bum to pwn a forum 2 levels below me. Admittedly, I could have used other skills (bg2 instead of bg, for instance) but that would have taken even more turns to restore pp, causing no actual gain.

tl;dr: This isn’t easy, I’m going back to RIFLE to get Pink Floyd.

clownskull

Level 14 Permanoob

“/b/tard ”

Cry some more. It’s just a stupid game!

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Judge-Bot 3000 Posted:

I believe I can provide a more balanced perspective.

Ego 625

Processing 225

Offense 146

Defense 76

Luck 59

Frugality 4

Charisma 37

Upkeep 1

Gear: Memoirs of a Hacker Hero, Versnatche Earbleeders, 4x Beastz0r, bumorted .moar files

Went to firewall. Lost on last thread after restoring PP twice with caffinated mints. No healing. I shouldn’t have to buy consumables AND pay for the repairs to everything if I’m going to be raped up the bum to pwn a forum 2 levels below me. Admittedly, I could have used other skills (bg2 instead of bg, for instance) but that would have taken even more turns to restore pp, causing no actual gain.

tl;dr: This isn’t easy, I’m going back to RIFLE to get Pink Floyd.

Your Frugality needs to be at least 10 to get the full value of things you sell. Your high repair costs are the direct result of having put no points into upkeep.

Respec with five fewer points of offense, and bring both upkeep and frugality to 10.

Thanks to upkeep, the reduced cost of repairs will FAR MORE than cover the cost of healing items. I’m not quite certain where the cap for upkeep lies, but even the best case scenario has it being useless past 20 points.

As far as frugality goes, the resulting 6.5% reduction in the cost of items is basically just a nice side effect compared to the ACTUAL benefit of junk selling for 35% more flezz. This will ALSO more than cover the cost of healing items.

Alternatively, you could get those upgrade points by NOT putting anything into Luck since it’s suffering from a low cap at the moment. If you’ve put 16 points into it, then that would give you enough to get both upkeep and frugality to 10 with a spare point left over – going by the stats you’ve presented, at least.

As far as tactics go, pick a heavy conservative cycle strategy – make the focus of your attack pattern be your attacks that do lots of damage for fairly low PP, but have high refresh times. Give each attack a priority (Always use, generally use, sometimes use, generally not used) and each restorative a priority (Frequent use, occasional use, infrequent use, emergency use).

A cycle is as long as it takes for your major long-cycle attack to cool down, and you have a lot of options in how you construct it. Generally, I would advise that you pick your cycle so that you use one or two weak and cheap PP restorative(s) every cycle so that your PP is kept either constant or gradually drifts to one side or the other, and that you either have plenty of attacks in your cycle that you can swap with healing, or a designated healing item point in your cycle with a choice of options. You’re running ego-lean, so you’ll probably to go with droppable attacks instead of designated healing points. Working Poetry and Recipes into your cycle is a good idea, as the long cooldowns and high damage give you nice cycle lengths that without cutting into your PP.

In battle, let your PP run down until it’s in the middle before you start using your restoratives. Your goal is to keep it in a middle-range, as you neither want to waste PP or run low. If you had more Ego then I’d have suggested the same for that, but with the way that stands I think you would be better off dropping low-priority attacks to heal, and working everybody’s favorite healing-over-time item into your cycle for insurance.

You’ll end-up using more healing items, BUT they will be cheaper ones that you can buy by the crateload without straining your piggy bank.

To compare, cheap healing items are useless to me. Since I don’t get to have an attack cycle, I *have* to take a sizable hit to my damage every time I use an item, and using a lot of them to keep my health up would result in my being unable to deal any real damage at all. If I need to heal then I need to do it with one item, and I have to pay a premium for that.

With a Frugality of 1:

Smileprin XR heals 100 ego at a cost of 824, while 5-HTP heals 300 ego at the cost of 7,060.

Caffeinated Mints restores 45 PP at the cost of 512, while Keep On Truckin’ Ephedrine restores 90 PP at the cost of 2,386.

In short:

Through careful management you can easily keep your consumables and repair costs down to a fraction of what you’re spending now with only an insignificant loss of damage, and boost your income in the process; it all boils down to careful stat selection and intelligent combat decisions.

Make the changes I suggested, then come back and give us a status update. I’ve absolutely no doubt that the game will become a LOT easier for you.

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 12/01/2008 3:52PM

The Mad Idiot

Avatar: 79224 Thu Nov 20 03:38:58 -0500 2008

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Ego 4705

Proc. Power 295

Offense 57

Defense 44

Luck 56

Frugality 19

Charisma 10

Upkeep 15

I’m not having much problem with the hardest forums, using a lot of healing items but I can pwn them. I just think if you play your char like me, you need to expect to pay a lot in healing, that’s all. It’s not like I can’t afford it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!