Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Judge-Bot 3000 Posted:

I believe I can provide a more balanced perspective.

Ego 625

Processing 225

Offense 146

Defense 76

Luck 59

Frugality 4

Charisma 37

Upkeep 1

Gear: Memoirs of a Hacker Hero, Versnatche Earbleeders, 4x Beastz0r, bumorted .moar files

Went to firewall. Lost on last thread after restoring PP twice with caffinated mints. No healing. I shouldn’t have to buy consumables AND pay for the repairs to everything if I’m going to be raped up the bum to pwn a forum 2 levels below me. Admittedly, I could have used other skills (bg2 instead of bg, for instance) but that would have taken even more turns to restore pp, causing no actual gain.

tl;dr: This isn’t easy, I’m going back to RIFLE to get Pink Floyd.

Your Frugality needs to be at least 10 to get the full value of things you sell. Your high repair costs are the direct result of having put no points into upkeep.

Respec with five fewer points of offense, and bring both upkeep and frugality to 10.

Thanks to upkeep, the reduced cost of repairs will FAR MORE than cover the cost of healing items. I’m not quite certain where the cap for upkeep lies, but even the best case scenario has it being useless past 20 points.

As far as frugality goes, the resulting 6.5% reduction in the cost of items is basically just a nice side effect compared to the ACTUAL benefit of junk selling for 35% more flezz. This will ALSO more than cover the cost of healing items.

Alternatively, you could get those upgrade points by NOT putting anything into Luck since it’s suffering from a low cap at the moment. If you’ve put 16 points into it, then that would give you enough to get both upkeep and frugality to 10 with a spare point left over – going by the stats you’ve presented, at least.

As far as tactics go, pick a heavy conservative cycle strategy – make the focus of your attack pattern be your attacks that do lots of damage for fairly low PP, but have high refresh times. Give each attack a priority (Always use, generally use, sometimes use, generally not used) and each restorative a priority (Frequent use, occasional use, infrequent use, emergency use).

A cycle is as long as it takes for your major long-cycle attack to cool down, and you have a lot of options in how you construct it. Generally, I would advise that you pick your cycle so that you use one or two weak and cheap PP restorative(s) every cycle so that your PP is kept either constant or gradually drifts to one side or the other, and that you either have plenty of attacks in your cycle that you can swap with healing, or a designated healing item point in your cycle with a choice of options. You’re running ego-lean, so you’ll probably to go with droppable attacks instead of designated healing points. Working Poetry and Recipes into your cycle is a good idea, as the long cooldowns and high damage give you nice cycle lengths that without cutting into your PP.

In battle, let your PP run down until it’s in the middle before you start using your restoratives. Your goal is to keep it in a middle-range, as you neither want to waste PP or run low. If you had more Ego then I’d have suggested the same for that, but with the way that stands I think you would be better off dropping low-priority attacks to heal, and working everybody’s favorite healing-over-time item into your cycle for insurance.

You’ll end-up using more healing items, BUT they will be cheaper ones that you can buy by the crateload without straining your piggy bank.

To compare, cheap healing items are useless to me. Since I don’t get to have an attack cycle, I *have* to take a sizable hit to my damage every time I use an item, and using a lot of them to keep my health up would result in my being unable to deal any real damage at all. If I need to heal then I need to do it with one item, and I have to pay a premium for that.

With a Frugality of 1:

Smileprin XR heals 100 ego at a cost of 824, while 5-HTP heals 300 ego at the cost of 7,060.

Caffeinated Mints restores 45 PP at the cost of 512, while Keep On Truckin’ Ephedrine restores 90 PP at the cost of 2,386.

In short:

Through careful management you can easily keep your consumables and repair costs down to a fraction of what you’re spending now with only an insignificant loss of damage, and boost your income in the process; it all boils down to careful stat selection and intelligent combat decisions.

Make the changes I suggested, then come back and give us a status update. I’ve absolutely no doubt that the game will become a LOT easier for you.

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 12/01/2008 3:52PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!