Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Last night, I did Firewall and it wasn’t the first time I had done it, but it was the first time I had done it after the series of nerfs. Before, it was a relatively straightforward process. I maybe had to heal a couple of times, but I could hit a nice pace. This time, I there ended up being a lot of back and forth (which is good), and I used a bunch of consumables (which is fine), but the major problem was that according to my visit history it took 891s (just short of 15 minutes) to pwn the forum. Difficulty and expense are both fine, but it’s my personal opinion that this is a somewhat unreasonable degree of tedium. The thing that made it not fun wasn’t that it was hard, and it wasn’t that I needed to spend flezz on consumables. The problem was more that it was fifteen minutes of hitting number keys, and the payout wasn’t nearly worth that much of my time.

So I would heartily support changes that make the game more fun. Whether that makes it harder or easier or whatever. But fifteen minutes of 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 1, 6 etc. is not fun. I think that’s beyond my accepted tolerance of “grinding”.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 11/29/2008 5:02PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!