Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

You have to keep in mind that there are many conflicting ideas on how we should address this, and even internally we don’t quite agree on what should be done. This poll proves that we’re pretty much split on whether we should eliminate downvoting.

You should also keep in mind that with only one dev, we can’t set voting reform as our top priority. Right now ET is making major feature additions to Forumbuildr (which has been admittedly neglected for a while) that I think are extremely cool. Some of them are already in place.

But we want to work with you (the people) on this and take action. Perhaps we’ll set up a Forumbuildr Task Force that will help us refine the most popular ideas and democratically come up with a best plan of action?

But as far as I’m concerned, nobody’s nailed it yet. No single idea has been the right “solution” so far, but I’m also not convinced the system is broken. The builds have been turning out really well lately, and even though some individual submissions get downvoted, that’s inevitable.

However, Fortunato’s “system that weights votes with buildr scores” is a fine idea. I could get jiggy with that.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!