Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

XxXx402xXxXx

Avatar: 77483 Sat Oct 25 21:10:48 -0400 2008

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Okay, I’ve been reading a lot of the ideas here and trying to synthesize them into something that would work. I used my permanoob to take some screenshots and edit them to simulate what this might look like (please forgive my mediocre photoshop ability, the red lines are where I cut out empty space to make the pictures a bit smaller):

You enter a forum like normal and start pwning threads. If you’ve pwned the forum at least once already then you have a .5% (that’s 1/200) chance of a rare thread appearing (that’s for the entire visit, not for each thread, though depending on how the coding works this could change—maybe a .1% (1/1000) chance per thread or something). If you happen to be so lucky, after pwning a thread you might get:

It’s exactly the same as when a boss thread appears, only with a wonderful MSPaint quality popup. Then you’ll be sent to the thread list.

There it is! So long as you pwn the rare thread you’ll get the loot, so if you’re a lowbie and running short on restoratives, it might be wise to go for the rare thread first on the off chance that you won’t get through the rest of the remaining threads. Now let’s take a look inside:

It’s our old friend Ophelia! Yes, I know it looks awkward that all four posts are from her, but since that’s how Ravit’s boss thread was, I’m guessing it’s easier to code that way. Also note that the thread has roughly 2x the required pwnage as the other threads in Woe Is Us. Start pwning.

For all intents and purposes consider a rare thread just a double-powered version of a normal thread for that forum. Once you beat the thread, you’ll get your normal .moar file and maybe 2x the cred. I really didn’t think it was necessary to make another gigantic fake screenshot for that. Now when your real reward comes is in the mail the next day. If you pwned a rare thread, then your delivery will contain a gift from the character you beat.

Hooray! Now just take it and go to your inventory to see what it can do.

Why, the “special items” equip slot finally has a purpose. This is where equippable gifts from your contacts go. For obvious reasons, Ophelia’s item is best suited for an emo kid, and its stats are around the appropriate level for the level 9 forum it came from. It’s certainly a better choice to equip than that outdated old male reproductive organblaster.

So…. whaddya think?

EDIT: Fixed the percents for how often you could find them. Depending on the system either .5% chance per forum or .1% chance per thread. I also think I’ll add links to these pictures to the first post of the thread for easier access
XxXx402xXxXx edited this message on 11/19/2008 3:14PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!