Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Good Idea/Bad Idea? Rare Threads

XxXx402xXxXx

Avatar: 77483 Sat Oct 25 21:10:48 -0400 2008

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

I’m not sure where exactly I came up with this. Probably from the rare monsters in FFXII or something.

Anyway, would it be cool if maybe when you entered a forum to pwn it, there was a very small chance (I’m talkin’ real small, <1% here) for a “rare thread” to pop up. It’d have its own little blinky “rare” topic logo or something, and be made by one of your sTalk contacts on his/her specific forum or a forum appropriate for the character—for example: you could see an Ophelia thread at Woe is Us, something from THE_**** on Fitness fabulous personry, Doctor O on the Permanoob forum, et al. They’d have one “typical post” in the thread at the start, and when you start pwning the thread (which would ideally have more pwnage than a normal thread kinda like the “boss threads” from the near the end of episode 2) they’d have a few special angry replies—imagine getting Ophelia’s bad poetry used against you Log in to see images!

I’m not totally sure what the rewards would be. The obvious option would be rare .moar related stuff. Maybe three or four .moar files from a higher level forum, or a fully bumembled media file form the forum you’re pwning.

Obviously not a pressing issue, just an interesting idea I had.

UPDATE Thanks for all the great input, guys Log in to see images!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Thelordofyouall/forumwarz/rarethreadappears-1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Thelordofyouall/forumwarz/threadlistwithrare-1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Thelordofyouall/forumwarz/rarethreadtypical-1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Thelordofyouall/forumwarz/woeisuspwning-1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Thelordofyouall/forumwarz/delivery-1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Thelordofyouall/forumwarz/inventory-1.png

XxXx402xXxXx edited this message on 11/19/2008 3:26PM

Nut Buster

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

Good idea! +1 Rewards would just be rarer .moar files (ony findable in rare threads in that forum) and slightly more experence!

mooseknuckle

Level 32 Troll

“Permafail”

sugned

Nut Buster

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

New idea… perhaps it could only be a specific forum per day/week.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

XxXx402xXxXx Posted:

I’m not sure where exactly I came up with this. Probably from the rare monsters in FFXII or something.

Anyway, would it be cool if maybe when you entered a forum to pwn it, there was a very small chance (I’m talkin’ real small, <1% here) for a “rare thread” to pop up. It’d have its own little blinky “rare” topic logo or something, and be made by one of your sTalk contacts on his/her specific forum or a forum appropriate for the character—for example: you could see an Ophelia thread at Woe is Us, something from THE_**** on Fitness fabulous personry, Doctor O on the Permanoob forum, et al. They’d have one “typical post” in the thread at the start, and when you start pwning the thread (which would ideally have more pwnage than a normal thread kinda like the “boss threads” from the near the end of episode 2) they’d have a few special angry replies—imagine getting Ophelia’s bad poetry used against you Log in to see images!

I’m not totally sure what the rewards would be. The obvious option would be rare .moar related stuff. Maybe three or four .moar files from a higher level forum, or a fully bumembled media file form the forum you’re pwning.

Obviously not a pressing issue, just an interesting idea I had.

i like just the first part of this idea, but just make them a ‘boss’ thread that is tougher and gives several rare moar files at once or something…-anything more would be a lot of programming which is clearly not trouts forte (hehe just teasing, dont you fabulous persons ban me) (actually ****, not teasing, prog stuff better trout, here have some chicken soup)

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER edited this message on 11/13/2008 12:29PM

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Sounds like a plan.

TEH Man

Avatar: 60598 Tue Nov 04 22:52:30 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

TEH Man agrees with this suggestion, and thus signs

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

I like this a lot, though I wouldn’t say make it THAT rare, especially if it’s going to have unique .moar files. Which would be practically impossible to bumemble if you only had a .1 or something chance to ever see the thread in the first place, much less actually get the specific piece of the file you need.

XxXx402xXxXx

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

If the .moars you get were unique and incomplete then obviously the chances of finding rare threads would have to be higher. For fully bumembled files or multiple pieces that could be obtained in other forums a really low chance seems fair.

Plus, if they were rare enough, there would be more likely to be an e-peen or something or finding one.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Rare Items Based on the character. Or just not do it and have boss threads. You could get Ophilia’s Razors, Haxel Rose’s Ip. Like that.

Krakmunky

Avatar: 25692 Sat Dec 06 19:41:08 -0500 2008

[WeChall]

Level 39 Camwhore

“Lingeriepist”

I only see one problem with this. If the thread was on the list of threads then people would enter the forum, look for the rare and exit before using up a turn rather than pwning the forum. The rare thread would have to pop after you take down at least one thread and would then also need to be locked in for that forum otherwise the speed runners would constantly miss the rare threads.

Otherwise this is an excellent idea and would add a lot to replayability for vets between episodes.

XxXx402xXxXx

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Krakmunky Posted:

I only see one problem with this. If the thread was on the list of threads then people would enter the forum, look for the rare and exit before using up a turn rather than pwning the forum. The rare thread would have to pop after you take down at least one thread and would then also need to be locked in for that forum otherwise the speed runners would constantly miss the rare threads.

Otherwise this is an excellent idea and would add a lot to replayability for vets between episodes.

Extremely good point. It would probably make sense to have a “look! a rare thread!” or some similar little notification when one pops up, once again akin to the boss thread. Then it’ll just wait there until it gets pwned or the player loses/leaves the forum. This also might add an element of strategy for lower level players. If a player think he might not be able to make it through the forum, should he go for the rare thread now to be sure and get the item?

Raepdog Posted:

Rare Items Based on the character. Or just not do it and have boss threads. You could get Ophilia’s Razors, Haxel Rose’s Ip. Like that.

Also a good idea. It’s always bugged me that there’s only one item in the entire game you can get for the “special items” slot, and it quickly becomes useless once you reach episode 2. Having a wide selection of unique equips found in rare threads would add more variety to that particular equip, and also help justify making rare threads extremely rare.

Captain Trek

Avatar: 74212 Thu Nov 20 21:40:04 -0500 2008

[The Original fabulous personies]

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

I like this idea too… You can add my screen name to the petition list… Log in to see images!

As long as we’re rolling with the theme of having story characters as the bosses, I guess other ideas might include (and i’m just throwing these out here, I’m not saying they’re all good)...

DrrtyCop74 over on Something Lawful

CutiePie12xo perhaps making an apperance over at Lil’ Pony Groomers )failing miserably to pretend he’s a 12 year old girl, as usual, his attacks perhaps consisting of progressively more and more outlandish “proof” of his indentity as a little girl)

Futanari-moe possibly showing up on the newly minted Fap Quest forum

HOY$CHEL checking in to Affluence Anonymous

Bruce Bear browsing Sensuous Seamen and/or 2chin (if his avatar is anything to go by)

Reilly O’Bill storming in to “straighten out” the KKK and Faux News (the two forums are a similar level so I’d imagine you could pretty much copy-paste the same boss fight from one forum to the other…

A perhaps slightly more interesting one I just thought of is running into Anonymous trolling any forum in the game (except maybe for Coral Springs, as he might not have the pbumword)... His difficultly could scale, either relative to the level of the forum he’s on, or it could scale relative to your level like the way Adventure Quest does it…

Again, just thought I’d throw those out there… Log in to see images!

Maledictis

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

That would be pretty neat. I’m all for it.

An idea for rewards: Parts of encrypted data that, when unencrypted, give access to secret, extra-nasty forums with unique .moar files? Just a thought.

Maledictis edited this message on 11/17/2008 12:23AM

Bear

Avatar: 19845 2011-10-31 11:07:12 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Nut Buster Posted:

New idea… perhaps it could only be a specific forum per day/week.

If it was moved from different forums people wouldn’t just grind 1 more over and over like praypal was for a long time.

The Suspender

Avatar: 70366 Mon Dec 29 00:40:55 -0500 2008

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Anonymous can get into CS. He only didn’t crush it before you did because he didn’t feel like it.

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

Sounds like a pretty sweet idea.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

not a bad idea

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Raepdog Posted:

I sign this 1000 times, that’s how much I agree with it.

And whoever said to put them in the special items slot also gets signed another 1000 times.

male reproductive organblaster’s ****in’ useless now. :/

Soth

[The Protected]

Level 66 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Krakmunky Posted:

I thought Boss threads took a few thread-pwns to appear? Log in to see images!

I could see things being set it so that a forum has x% chance of a boss/rare thread appearing, then, in the appropriate forums for the quests that require it, make that chance 100%

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!