Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Like other areas of the site, Domination is due for a serious overhaul. In the past we talked about splitting up domination into cheater’s domination and regular domination for example, so even cheaters could play.

If we partition it that way, making Episode 1 and Episode 2 dominations might be possible too, it just takes some thought.

Honestly it’s not some scheme to get people to pay, it’s just that it’s not a trivial piece of code to split it up. It will take a lot of thought and planning. It’s important to me that people can continue to play forumwarz without paying for a while, otherwise I wouldn’t have re-distributed the forumbuildr forums to give all sorts of > level 10 areas to pwn outside of Episode 2.

As for the whole “other sites don’t ask for money” argument, really any browser game with more than 10k users pretty much has to, otherwise someone rich is running it out of generosity. We just hit 70k user accounts. We get 45 dynamic requests per second, and that flat out costs money to run.

The only difference is that we’re experimenting with charging money for storyline content, as opposed to game upgrades. It may or may not work in the long run — that remains to be seen. But I promise you this, the other browser MMOs are watching this experiment closely.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!