Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Unfortunately most of the thread titles are not very good. There are a few gems, but for the most part the subs look more like people’s versions of the Aristocrat joke with madlibs than they do confessions. Of all the categories Typical Posts has the highest quality subs on average this week, but it’s not nearly as cutthroat, and “highest quality on average” is not meant to be a big compliment.

Really, across the board standards have dropped pretty low where wit is concerned on this build. A large numbers of them are just statements about @sex_ act with @ relative, without any effort put towards making them funny. Incest by itself CAN be funny, but you have to at least try to make the delivery funny. And no matter how good the joke is (not very, in this case), it isn’t funny at all when repeated so many times.

And the constant references to @ feces! I thought we already HAD a forum based on fecalphilia, but this one gives That’s A Lot of Feces a run for it’s money. At least Feces had the benefit of being an official forum, and thus had plenty of generic posts and angry replies thrown in to balance the forum. Confessional is going to be The Incest Show Starring Excrement.

Angry Replies is a little better in terms of deviating from those two topics, but it has its own problems. I think the problem here came because whether you consider the build being about a Confessional or a parody of PostSecret, people don’t really respond to the content. It’s hard to imagine what would they say if someone invaded their space because you can’t invade their space.

This doesn’t go for the most of the replies in the top ten… there’s some good ones up there that clearly belong to Internet Confessional. But the majority of the others are absolutely generic. I expect a large number of bad subs in any category of any build, but usually most of the bad subs at least go along with the spirit of the forum. They could be inserted as angry replies in any forum, and they’d more or less blend in. Lots of @ insert_generic and @ insult_homosexual.

In review, Internet Confessional has its moments as a forum idea, especially throughout the Typical Posts. And no matter how bad the idea is, you can almost always count on some really good subs out of Enemies. But the Thread Titles are lackluster and this forum simply wasn’t meant for Angry Replies.

I cant really judge Logos or Styles, but they all seem pretty cool to me.

Orb edited this message on 08/28/2008 1:49PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!