Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

tame

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I don’t like the idea of using real money for this, especially as it’s the first time here.

Since this is still a brainstorm-y kinda pre-game thing, here’s what I’ve got.

I like the original rules. Should be simple enough to adapt to a forum.

Narrator TMs each player their role. Also TMs the mafia players who all the other mafia players are(so they know not to kill the other mafia players during either day or night phases).

* 6-7 players = 2 of them are mafia

* 8-10 players = 3 of them are mafia

* 11-13 players = 4 of them are mafia

* 14-16 players = 5 of them are mafia

looks like a rough ratio of 2:1

The “day” phase where everyone talks and throws around allegations could happen in a separate rp thread, just so we can have fun with it. Once someone seems like the most accused of being a mafia, the Narrator asks for votes for the trial of the accused, then he announces if the person lives or dies, and then it should go straight into the “night” phase, where mafia players each sends in a name of a player to die. If they all match up, that person dies, and the Narrator tells a story of how that person dies. (According to the original rules, the mafia don’t communicate. It’s purely a guessing game on their part. This may sound sucky, but as more people get killed off during daytime, the more likely the mafia players will get to smaller numbers, thus increasing the chance of them listing similar names. If this sounds like it’d be too slow, you kill based on majority. If one mafia player is left, his one note will automatically kill.) Then it starts again with the “day” phase. If all mafia die, innocents win. If innocents are down to the same number of still-alive mafia, the mafia wins. (edit: when someone dies during the day trial, it shouldn’t be revealed if the person was mafia or innocent. That way, it keeps the innocents guessing, keeps suspense and suspicions up.)

Maybe the rounds should be counted as per day, or per half-day, just so everyone has an equal opportunity to see the “day phase” thread. Also to create deadlines to vote, so semi-inactive players don’t keep the game from moving forward.

I don’t see much protection against mafia players teaming up and coordinating through TMs, though. Either way, though, power in numbers is the only real protection the innocents have..

That’s what I figured, anyway. What do you guys think?

tame edited this message on 08/03/2008 7:42PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!