Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games Mafia here?

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

So I was thinking about holding a game of Mafia here in this forum, possibly with BP prizes to the winning team. How many would be interested in playing? It’s only in the idea stage and I haven’t decided yet.

I’m not sure how to handle the possibility of alts. Maybe I could contact ET or Banhammer before the game begins and let them verify that none of the participants are each other’s alts. I am reluctant to rely only on honesty if there is BP involved.

Another problem would be how to arrange discussion within the Mafia. They need some form of private communication to be successful. Obviously they can’t start a klan because everyone would see it. Maybe they could find themselves a chat or a forum in some other place? Also the game master (me) would want to hear their votes on who to kill during the Night.

Is this a good idea? Are there any more problems I should be aware of, if I were to go through with it?

Nillo edited this message on 08/03/2008 4:32PM

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

I would be in.

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

I’m down, if you could work out the details

Laguna

Avatar: 49898 Sun Dec 28 00:52:49 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

I LOVE LAGUNA. I ALSO LOVE SUCKING FAT male reproductive organS.

Sounds like a lot of fun, I’d be down for this

Just needs some pretty solid organisation for it to work, but if it’s done right, this could be pretty cool Log in to see images!

SLAVE-JEWESS

Level 18 Camwhore

The Chosen Two

I wanna playyyyyy

tame

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Sounds pretty cool. How many players are you looking for?

Nillo

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

The rules work for basically any number of players that is divisible by three – one Mafia for every two innocents. However I still need to know how to deal with alts before I can begin seriously thinking about doing this.

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

the number doesn’t have to be divisible by three… you would just not have another mafia member (IE if there were 7 players, there would be 2 mafia members and 5 innocents etc.)

FAIL edited this message on 08/03/2008 5:19PM

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Well I’m in on the same condition as FAIL: I’ll need to see a more exact ruleset before I commit. In terms of alts, I’m sure you can get a mod/admin to look through your list of entries.

Nillo

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Well, this *is* the thread where we try to work out the details… if I decide to do it I’ll post a new registration thread, so there’s no need to worry about that for now.

I guess I’ll send a mail to Hammer first and see if he can do that kind of thing, and let him decide whether to alert ET or not if he can’t.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

If BP is involved you can make it a contest, and players would be bound by Tuxx. The effort on the admins’ part would be pretty minimal as they would just need to verify the list of entries once.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I can verify no alts to the same degree I can verify them on the forum boards, so feel free to take signups and let me know when it’s done so I can check them.

As to private communication, to the best of my knowledge ET isn’t planning anything other than what we have. So Tubmail’s it, or you can arrange for other communication methods privately.

Something to consider, when playing for “real” money, though, is of course the possibility of collusion. If the reward’s, say, 10 BP, couldn’t I offer to split the winnings with someone and act as a team, giving me and them a large advantage?

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

is it too late? I want to play

Kronic

[Tandy-1000]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Me too. Lets play!!!

tame

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I don’t like the idea of using real money for this, especially as it’s the first time here.

Since this is still a brainstorm-y kinda pre-game thing, here’s what I’ve got.

I like the original rules. Should be simple enough to adapt to a forum.

Narrator TMs each player their role. Also TMs the mafia players who all the other mafia players are(so they know not to kill the other mafia players during either day or night phases).

* 6-7 players = 2 of them are mafia

* 8-10 players = 3 of them are mafia

* 11-13 players = 4 of them are mafia

* 14-16 players = 5 of them are mafia

looks like a rough ratio of 2:1

The “day” phase where everyone talks and throws around allegations could happen in a separate rp thread, just so we can have fun with it. Once someone seems like the most accused of being a mafia, the Narrator asks for votes for the trial of the accused, then he announces if the person lives or dies, and then it should go straight into the “night” phase, where mafia players each sends in a name of a player to die. If they all match up, that person dies, and the Narrator tells a story of how that person dies. (According to the original rules, the mafia don’t communicate. It’s purely a guessing game on their part. This may sound sucky, but as more people get killed off during daytime, the more likely the mafia players will get to smaller numbers, thus increasing the chance of them listing similar names. If this sounds like it’d be too slow, you kill based on majority. If one mafia player is left, his one note will automatically kill.) Then it starts again with the “day” phase. If all mafia die, innocents win. If innocents are down to the same number of still-alive mafia, the mafia wins. (edit: when someone dies during the day trial, it shouldn’t be revealed if the person was mafia or innocent. That way, it keeps the innocents guessing, keeps suspense and suspicions up.)

Maybe the rounds should be counted as per day, or per half-day, just so everyone has an equal opportunity to see the “day phase” thread. Also to create deadlines to vote, so semi-inactive players don’t keep the game from moving forward.

I don’t see much protection against mafia players teaming up and coordinating through TMs, though. Either way, though, power in numbers is the only real protection the innocents have..

That’s what I figured, anyway. What do you guys think?

tame edited this message on 08/03/2008 7:42PM

xXxJUNEGUY1x-
Xx

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Kronic Posted:

Me too. Lets play!!!

I second that! Count me in! Log in to see images! xXxJUNEGUY1xXx edited this message on 08/03/2008 7:28PM

Nillo

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I did not foresee the possibility of collusion. However, the prize I had in mind was something like: if Mafia wins, all of them including dead Mafia get 2 BP each; if the innocents win, all of them including dead innocents get 1 BP. It’s not a lot of BP for people to split among themselves. And of course they are opening themselves up to the possibility of the other person in the collusion either lying or betraying them and not giving the BP.

Thanks for the rules, tame; saves me a lot of time if I don’t need to write it myself… I’ll read through it now.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Holy son of a ****, I played Mafia until 4:00 AM every single night for the last month and let me tell you it was glorious.

I’m in this **** faster than I’d like to be in Jessica Alba!

...maybe not that fast, but I’m still in.

Nillo

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Hm… I don’t agree with the “no Mafia communication” rule. It was designed for real-life play and is impossible to enforce here, so we should work around it.

Also, do we want to reveal the identity of eliminated players or not? Most of the forum games I’ve played revealed the role upon death, though I can understand how keeping it a mystery would be interesting.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I always played with no reveal and it always seemed logical and much more fun.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!