Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Must be nice to have that flexibility. I don’t, and I can’t make it. If I’m lucky, I can plan things out two weeks in advance to have a couple of hours off after the kids finally go to bed. I’m not going to get into the details of my personal family issues in a public place, but I don’t have the same option you do.

But let’s say that I did, and that I could choose one night that would work. For me to be able to join a raid, that means everyone else who’s raiding would also need to be available on that night. And at the time for me, which, give different time zones, might be 3am for you. Or the middle of the day. So we couldn’t raid together anyway. And I haven’t seen anyone advertising when they’re raiding, to see who can join — rather, you have to join the klan first to find out.

So given that, which one do I choose? Three active raiding klans, but which one meets my hypothetical availability — if any?

So, back to my original point — “so incredibly simple to do”. I’m just not seeing it.

coreyjess Posted:

Banhammer, the last time you circled around to our klan, we were Good Omens.

Why not stop by Episode 2 Beta.

Come along on a raid.

Maybe add some stickies to the board for us.

I think we’d appreciate that,

and you may too.

Thanks, Corey. My tour goes otherwise. But I’m not the primary one interested in medals anyway, that would be Lady Banhammer. And she’s quite happy where she is right now. So that’s another issue. To raid, that would mean I (or a hypothetical single-character player) would have to leave a klan they enjoy the interaction with in order to join a raiding klan, if their klan weren’t raiding effectively. Not ideal.

And in any case, she couldn’t join, because the klans tend to kick out leeches — those who join raids but don’t participate. Which is about all I could ever be, except on extremely rare cirgreat timesstances.

So, what would I like to see? A way for “casual” players like myself to have chances at medals separate from the klans. It’s been suggested before and it’s my favorite so far, creating two parallel bracket structures, one for klan players and one for solo players. And no switching; you commit to which one you want every season.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!