Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

Scully said:

Malaise’ suggestions to break up the klan is loony as hell. And honestly expresses again exactly how uninformed about raiding most people are. I will say again, Ep. 2 could be 5 players and still raid to the same level in the same amount of time. Would you suggest TSB break up, so that there were more troll klans? Nana has recently been posting that there should be more troll klans, so I guess the best solution is for TSB to break up and form smaller klans so there is some trolling competition. We would like more players, not the same players on different teams.

Malaise says:

Really? Loony as hell? Either you are intentionally misrepresenting my suggestion or you have more limited comprehension skills than I think you do.

Let’s review shall we: 5 betas could raid just as effectively and get as many scoops? Great, then do it and use some of the excess players to start gamma and delta and have them each get hundreds of scoops and then actually play the game against each other. You do get that my point is not that you shouldn’t raid but that if you have every competitive player locked up in one or two squads you no longer have competition, right? This is not about punishing you for playing the game, it is about actually turning it into a game again.

By your own previous statements you understand that most of the three or four dozen competitive players are all in beta or brainfreeze, the remainder like me consider Klan raids corrosive and will never make it part of our style of play, so when you (or PD) keep saying you hope for a greater number of competitive klans to increase competition, just where do you think these phantom Klans are going to come from other than current betas and brainfreezers?

I hate to go all sports analogy on you but I feel I must. Beta is like an NFL team that through some strange rule quirk ended up playing in a high school football division. You realize that beating the other teams by 150 points every game isn’t much fun, but hey you are just playing by the rules as handed down by the powers that be. So you have a couple of choices, you could stop playing in that league, you could split into a couple of smaller teams so that you could at least get a decent game once in a while, or as you have chosen, you could lament that the Chicago Bears don’t also start playing in the high school league.

I will say one last time my original point. I don’t care what you do or don’t do. None of it is for my benefit and frankly I have never even posted a comment about domination except where you have explicitly invited me to do so, my suggestion is entirely about making the game better for you if you truly want it to be competitive. And if you did do then maybe the players who do manage to get 100 scoops or 30 cards might see a reason to hang in there because on the last days when the towers started attacking each other they might at least be able to make some meaningful contribution to the proceedings.

But whatever. If everyone in Beta is such lifelong chums that the thought of even playing against each other in an online game and having one of you have bragging rights over another for a week wracks you with such emotional torment then just keep doing what you are doing.

But anyway, thanks for just declaring my point loony rather than trying to make any kind of substantive point. It’s helpful.

Malaise edited this message on 07/10/2008 4:46PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!