Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Nillo Posted:

What is this about Flamebate? I haven’t seen any of the “hounding out new posters” you’re talking about. The only ones who get harbumed are those who post unfunny stuff, and that’s how it should be. TSB may be in a constant state of circlejerking but I never saw them pick on the good, funny RPers.

You are taking this personally, and it’s strictly business. Until quite recently the only RP that was allowed to really continue for any amount of time was trolling. Someone could take the time to create a character and their RP would be gleefully derailed. There was even some thread in Game Discussion awhile ago where member after member claimed that the only good RPers on the boards were trolls.

Recently I got a real kick out of the RPing by Emotion Bleeds. No idea if they revealed who they were in the end, and I’m certainly not going to, but they did a fine job – in character whiny, poetry posting emo all the way. Their own klan ganged up with no restraint explaining what a **** poster they were. The attack was not an emo vs troll thing, it was pretty much just “you suck” over and over. It’s just my opinion, and I’m not really a RPer at all, but to me that is actually trolling rather than role playing a troll.

I’m not saying this attitude is the doom, it’s just the way it has been. I don’t RP, so it has no impact on me personally. I’m just making an observation. I will say that it’s noticeable lately that things have shifted away from that a bit, I don’t know if it’s a good thing or bad, or if it will encourage new RPers and just leave Flamebate sitting there postless. Regardless, my point in bringing up Flamebate was not to point fingers, it was to say that there are trouble spots in every area of the game. Bigger trouble spots whenever an e-peen is attached, imo.

You say “The only ones who get harbumed are those who post unfunny stuff…” By that logic any player not doing the best job RPing deserves what they get. Ok. Klan vanilla is available to anyone willing to play Dom to the fullest, any player not willing to do the best job playing Dom deserves what they get. This is what is currently happening and no one is happy about it. It leaves no room for a new player to test the waters. Leaves no chance for someone wanting to play more casually. It is why there is a problem.

crayoncakes Posted:

I think people make fun of the domination players because of things like raids that go on for hours.

I hope no one thinks I give a crap about that. Christ, I’m a huge douche / know it all / e-peen whore / Dom player! Go me! Log in to see images! Honestly, I don’t think most of the Dom players give a crap about whether they get **** for taking the game seriously. Maybe some do, but for the most part we know we are more gamer-y than the other areas of the game, and thus deserving of **** for taking things seriously.

Right now, what I’m seeing from the Domination players is a lot of them being frustrated for playing the game as it was intended and thus ****ing off everyone else. At the same time they are bored by the lack of competition. Pretty much I’m just being ****y and ranting, which is why I posted it in whiny ****es.

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!