Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Just an update: I’ve been working very hard on the new madlib engine that will be the basis for the forum building app. The engine we used to build Episode 1 worked well up until a point, but we were hitting some serious performance and usability walls towards the end. I wanted to make sure that if we were giving it to you guys that it would work well. Things are finally coming together now after a few days of hard work so that’s exciting.

I’ve also coded a voting system that seems to work pretty well. I made the decision to only count one vote per user account, not per character. In other words, if you have three characters attached to your account you can only vote on something once. This is to prevent people from buying extra accounts for themselves and voting stuff up.

I realize that people can just register multiple Forumwarz accounts with different email addresses, but it’s less convenient to switch in and out, and if it’s abused from a voting standpoint we’ll certainly catch it.

My goal is to launch the first version of that application sometime next week, and let you guys start playing with it at soon as possible. Of course this could change based on the feedback from the team and if I hit any unforseen technical hurdles Log in to see images!

Domination is a less challenging project from a technical standpoint, but since I have changed so much of the Forumwarz codebase for the builder application it will have to come afterwrads less I break even more than usual in my deploys Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!