Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

eponymous_ennui Posted:

I’ll try to explain the way I understand it and Trout can correct me if I’m wrong.

There are a couple of flavours to the points, each of which are bumociated with different activities. For instance, yellow with misc, blue with klan, red with personal forum pwnage. Each flavour also has certain achievements, which are the things that earn you the points. 10 red points to the person who dominates all the forums, for instance, while contribution to the Spoilerpedia gives you 1 yellow point per significant contribution.

At the end of the week, the player with the most points in most categories would win. If I have 30 red points but 0 points in blue and red, I probably wouldn’t win because I only lead in one category; however, the guy with 10 points of each flavour will take the prize since he is leading in two categories.

Yes this is exactly right. The core idea is “be the best at multiple things.” Sometimes I have a hard time explaining things but I think once the scoreboard is up people will understand it a lot better.

eponymous_ennui Posted:

Trout, am I right in bumuming this is personal domination as opposed to klan domination? As in klan would only be one flavour of category, the rest being personal? Also, are the forums going to be personal (i.e. every one/every klan gets one) or a communal forum (i.e. a single “Flamebate” forum)?

I see it more as a single player domination first, although there will be points awarded for doing thinks as a klan. Once it’s stable we’ll probably add a Klan specific version too.

The forum building app will launch as a communal system. People will submit ideas for forums and then others will vote them up or down. The topic that wins will be the forum for that week. Having said that we might want to break it up for future competitions, but the first version won’t work that way.

Casey Posted:

Would the voting on the forum posts be on-going after the forum was “created” so to speak?

so the forum would be getting new posts/getting rid of worse posts continually?

The plan for the first version is to have the design period end once the week is up.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!